Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plekkie
    replied
    I can confirm the reported effect with "adjust aspect" checked and not checked happens in a 1440x1080i project, but not in a 1920x1080i project.

Leave a comment:

• vienna1944er
    replied
    Hi

the testchart is maximal moving between field 1 and field 2

give both on timeline and show it with "view = frame"
    one jump exact and absolutely between frame 1 and 2
    the other only soft flickering, not exact on\off

Hans

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
    White/Super White is new in v5.
    Yeah that is my point, this bug probably came back in relation with the introduction of white/superwhite, as you know, things get fix and broken again is the norm in software when something new come out. I was a beta tester once and I see it all the time. I'm just glad that you confirmed it before I uninstall E5 for the 3rd time and that it has an easy workaround.
    Thanks again to everybody for participated in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    Originally posted by vienna1944er View Post
    hmmmm..... I coming to late....

I try it (with a testcharts) and found the same, only with the aspect adjust...

and maybe, only on 1440er projects.... 1920 and SD-Pal and SD-NTSC looks in the first test fine
    have morning to compare the lot of exported pictures,

here are the pictures, who you can see the "difference" .....
    load down and push it up to 400%

http://666kb.com/i/b2yreafnt8qktwf3a.jpg
    http://666kb.com/i/b2yrfd0jdlf75teue.jpg

good night (old but not morbid) Hans
    Hi Hans, yeah the test chart doesn't show much difference but with moving video you will see that the adjust aspect almost deinterlaced the picture for you already, I don't want it to deinterlaced, I want to take it to Photoshop and deinterlaced there, much better than Edius.

Leave a comment:

• vienna1944er
    replied
    extracts from the pictures, .....look at the color lines ......

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    in Photoshop, go to Image menu/Pixel aspect ratio/ select HDV anamorphic

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    White/Super White is new in v5.

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    this has been the same in all versions of Edius4, this is why I don't tick adjust aspect when the still needs to be used on timeline

however, if the stills are only to be used in photoshop for say DVD cover design, then I tick adjust aspect to save time
    It could have been like this in the beginning but probably got fix and since you always had it untick you might have not noticed it when it got fix, and now it is broken again, I could be wrong but I don't remember super white settings was in 4.52 and so when they introduced super white it could be where it got broken again, my workflow on each project has probably 50 stills from the timeline and I would have noticed it before if adjust aspect would make the still almost half resolution. But thanks for your input, now I will just have to go make an action in Photoshop for this.

Leave a comment:

• vienna1944er
    replied
    hmmmm..... I coming to late....

I try it (with a testcharts) and found the same, only with the aspect adjust...

and maybe, only on 1440er projects.... 1920 and SD-Pal and SD-NTSC looks in the first test fine
    have morning to compare the lot of exported pictures,

here are the pictures, who you can see the "difference" .....
    load down and push it up to 400%

http://666kb.com/i/b2yreafnt8qktwf3a.jpg
    http://666kb.com/i/b2yrfd0jdlf75teue.jpg

good night (old but not morbid) Hans
    Last edited by vienna1944er; 10-15-2008, 02:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    unticked is the default iirc. But it could be that my settings are just carried over.
    Mine is always unticked.
    Other corrections done in photoshop or paint.net

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Khoi Pham View Post
    Thanks, I'm 99.9% sure that this does not happen with 4.52 but thanks for checking I will submit it to user reported issues.
    this has been the same in all versions of Edius4, this is why I don't tick adjust aspect when the still needs to be used on timeline

however, if the stills are only to be used in photoshop for say DVD cover design, then I tick adjust aspect to save time

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
    Confirmed, please submit to user-reported issues. I suspect it's been this way since inception, so it might end up becoming a feature request.
    Thanks, I'm 99.9% sure that this does not happen with 4.52 but thanks for checking I will submit it to user reported issues.

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    when you tick adjust aspect, the image quality drops, I never tick this for timeline use

you can easily fix the aspect in photoshop by changing the width

remember that HDV aspect is 4:3 1440x1080, so change the width to 1920

or use a Photoshop HDV preset
    Yeah I can do that, just don't want any extra steps.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Confirmed, please submit to user-reported issues. I suspect it's been this way since inception, so it might end up becoming a feature request.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    when you tick adjust aspect, the image quality drops, I never tick this for timeline use

you can easily fix the aspect in photoshop by changing the width

remember that HDV aspect is 4:3 1440x1080, so change the width to 1920

or use a Photoshop HDV preset

Leave a comment:

Working...
X