Still bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check your sequence setting and your project setting

if color space is set to Edius3 compatible, your still frame will look lower quality

if color space is set to standard, your still frame will look exactly the same
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
      Pause frame: Still
      Still Image export: Frame
      Project: Interlaced (this won't work in a progressive project)
      Clip: Interlaced (again, won't work with a progressive clip)

Put the timeline cursor in an area with movement. The preview should show flickering/shaking.
      Make a still.
      Put the still on the timeline.
      The still should show the same flickering/shaking that the paused video does.

As your still shows both fields another application, it must be something related to the EDIUS preview.

Try resizing the preview monitor window.
      Hi BH, I'm not talking about the preview window, I'm talkinga about the full resolution HD component output, and yeah I'm desperate so I try to resize the preview window and the HD output still look like it got some kind of blending deinterlaced.
      I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
        check your sequence setting and your project setting

if color space is set to Edius3 compatible, your still frame will look lower quality

if color space is set to standard, your still frame will look exactly the same
        Thanks Anton, both my project and sequence color space is set on Standard, I think I will reinstall E5 1 more time tonight and see what happen.
        I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Now you have me stumped... Driver update on the hardware board maybe?? Cold boot?

Comment

OK I FOUND the problem (-:, untick adjust aspect in Plug-in settings/Still Image fix the problem, now the .bmp is EXACTLY like the video, but this will screw up my graphic when I take it to photoshop, so this is a BUG, I don't understand how nobody not see the difference it the bmp quality, can you guys try to make sure that your
            VIEW/Pause field is in frame
            make a still bmp of a clip that has action in it
            now go to Plug-in settings and untick "adjust aspect" then make a still,
            please compare the 2 still , the still WITHOUT adjust aspect is exactly the same as the video, the still with aspect adjust is lower quality look like deinterlaced.
            BH please check this and report to the bug department cuz this is a bug.

Comment

when you tick adjust aspect, the image quality drops, I never tick this for timeline use

you can easily fix the aspect in photoshop by changing the width

remember that HDV aspect is 4:3 1440x1080, so change the width to 1920

or use a Photoshop HDV preset
              Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Confirmed, please submit to user-reported issues. I suspect it's been this way since inception, so it might end up becoming a feature request.

Comment

when you tick adjust aspect, the image quality drops, I never tick this for timeline use

you can easily fix the aspect in photoshop by changing the width

remember that HDV aspect is 4:3 1440x1080, so change the width to 1920

or use a Photoshop HDV preset
                  Yeah I can do that, just don't want any extra steps.
                  Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
                    Confirmed, please submit to user-reported issues. I suspect it's been this way since inception, so it might end up becoming a feature request.
                    Thanks, I'm 99.9% sure that this does not happen with 4.52 but thanks for checking I will submit it to user reported issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Khoi Pham View Post
                      Thanks, I'm 99.9% sure that this does not happen with 4.52 but thanks for checking I will submit it to user reported issues.
                      this has been the same in all versions of Edius4, this is why I don't tick adjust aspect when the still needs to be used on timeline

however, if the stills are only to be used in photoshop for say DVD cover design, then I tick adjust aspect to save time
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

unticked is the default iirc. But it could be that my settings are just carried over.
                        Mine is always unticked.
                        Other corrections done in photoshop or paint.net
                        Steve
                        EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
                        A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                        For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

hmmmm..... I coming to late....

I try it (with a testcharts) and found the same, only with the aspect adjust...

and maybe, only on 1440er projects.... 1920 and SD-Pal and SD-NTSC looks in the first test fine
                          have morning to compare the lot of exported pictures,

here are the pictures, who you can see the "difference" .....
                          load down and push it up to 400%

http://666kb.com/i/b2yreafnt8qktwf3a.jpg
                          http://666kb.com/i/b2yrfd0jdlf75teue.jpg

good night (old but not morbid) Hans
                          Last edited by vienna1944er; 10-15-2008, 03:38 AM.
                          Edius 5,51 / Edius 6.08 / Edius 6.54(b) / Neo 3.0 / Neo 3.5

Comment

this has been the same in all versions of Edius4, this is why I don't tick adjust aspect when the still needs to be used on timeline

however, if the stills are only to be used in photoshop for say DVD cover design, then I tick adjust aspect to save time
                            It could have been like this in the beginning but probably got fix and since you always had it untick you might have not noticed it when it got fix, and now it is broken again, I could be wrong but I don't remember super white settings was in 4.52 and so when they introduced super white it could be where it got broken again, my workflow on each project has probably 50 stills from the timeline and I would have noticed it before if adjust aspect would make the still almost half resolution. But thanks for your input, now I will just have to go make an action in Photoshop for this.

Comment

White/Super White is new in v5.

Comment

in Photoshop, go to Image menu/Pixel aspect ratio/ select HDV anamorphic
                                Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                                X