Edius 5 Lost Dialog Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anton,

Yes I will try this tonight after work. After uninstall, I know I can delete all the references to Edius (delete the Canopus directory in program files), but I am not sure about the app data or the registry. What do I look for, specially in the registry?

Thanks again for trying to help.

Regards....

Rick
    BigRick, Montreal, Canada

EDIUS 8.3 with HDSpark - Intel I7-3770k, 16 GB Ram, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, ASUS GF GTX560 TI 1 Gb Video Card and Intel® HD Graphics 4000, 2 X LCD 24" Monitors (1920X1200), 1 X LCD 32" Television
    1 SSD Samsung 500 Gb (System),1 SSD Samsung 500 Gb (Video data), 2 X 3TB Sata II, and others

Comment

So you reset it one screen and then went into Edius and set the Layout to default? If that doesn't work, I am at a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by bigrick View Post
        Anton,

Yes I will try this tonight after work. After uninstall, I know I can delete all the references to Edius (delete the Canopus directory in program files), but I am not sure about the app data or the registry. What do I look for, specially in the registry?

Thanks again for trying to help.

Regards....

Rick
        Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data (look for Canopus and delete)

Documents and Settings/Your current login account/Application Data (look for Canopus and delete)

start, run, type regedit

expand the key current user and delete Canopus

expand local machine and delete Canopus

reboot

empty temp folder in Documents and Settings/Your current login account/Local Settings (show hidden files and folders must be enabled)

install Edius
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Success

Hi Anton and Vaughan,

Here is what I did:
          - Uninstalled Edius 5
          - Uninstalled all plugins
          - Looked for all occurrences of Edius and Canopus in the file system and deleted everything that remained.
          - Made a backup of the registry
          - Made a search for all occurrences of Edius and Canopus in the Registry and deleted them
          - rebooted
          - reinstalled Edius 5
          - rebooted
          - Started up Edius

--------------------
          ---- SUCCESS ----
          --------------------

Everything is fine now. I can see the famous "Video layout" dialog box. How beautiful it is.......

With about 6 hours of lost time spent on this issue, I am a bit frustrated, but all is well that ends well as they say.

But if it happened to me, it will happen to someone else. I only wish GrassValley would try to reproduce this problem and fix it.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help.

Over and out.....

Rick
          BigRick, Montreal, Canada

EDIUS 8.3 with HDSpark - Intel I7-3770k, 16 GB Ram, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, ASUS GF GTX560 TI 1 Gb Video Card and Intel® HD Graphics 4000, 2 X LCD 24" Monitors (1920X1200), 1 X LCD 32" Television
          1 SSD Samsung 500 Gb (System),1 SSD Samsung 500 Gb (Video data), 2 X 3TB Sata II, and others

Comment

only reinstall did not repair a "corrupt user file"
            all the folder under >> Documents and Settings/Your current login account/Application Data .... kept untouched

I have a similar problem with 5.0 Demo ........ the "old (4.xx) trick" with <default layout< dit not work under 5.0

Edius closed >> renamed the folder "Setting" under the following path: ....(Edius build it new, when you start Edius)
            Documents and Settings/Your current login account/Application Data/Canopus/EDIUS/5.00/
            and violaaa......... my bin are return......

example: you see the marked, renamed Setting-folder and above the new builded Setting folder (my username= videolocy3-master)

eventually, create a "new user" brings the same effekt

excuse my miserable english, greetings from europe to europe ... old (but not morbid) Hans ;-)

[EDIT]

sorry, .... I see I coming to late
            maybe for the next user with lost windows under 5.0...

[EDIT]
            Edius 5,51 / Edius 6.08 / Edius 6.54(b) / Neo 3.0 / Neo 3.5

Comment

Working...
            X