Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing GPU Effects?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Missing GPU Effects?

    I just installed Edius 5 which went well, but I can't locate the new GPU effects. I also can't seem to load Title Motion Pro despite loading the old version as requested.

    Does anyone have any ideas?

  • #2
    Search....

    Hey Ken7. There have been many posts concerning the "missing" GPU effects. Evidently EDIUS 5 searches for a video card capable of the GPU acceleration and if it cannot find one, then does not load the GPU effects. Search for "GPU" posts on this forum, and the learned voices therein will bring you up to date.
    Cheers,
    Alan
    Alan J. Levi
    Director

    SYSTEM: ASUS P8Z77-VPro mobo, Intel 3770K CPU, 16 Gig Crucial 1866 RAM, Antec 1000W PS, EVGA nVidia 560Ti 1Gig Video, CoolerMaster CPU cooler, LG GGW-H20L BluRay DVD, SPARK card w/23" Samsung 1920x1080 Monitor, OCZ 240GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray & 3 WD Enterprise 1TB video RAID 5 HDD's. 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer2000 Audio Fader/Controller

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by AJL14 View Post
      Hey Ken7. There have been many posts concerning the "missing" GPU effects. Evidently EDIUS 5 searches for a video card capable of the GPU acceleration and if it cannot find one, then does not load the GPU effects. Search for "GPU" posts on this forum, and the learned voices therein will bring you up to date.
      Cheers,
      Alan
      Thanks Alan. My card is a Radeon X550, but I'm not sure what the minimum requirements are for the installer to throw the effects in. I first installed it on an older computer I used to use with Edius. But in all honestly I wouldn't have thought the card wouldn't be up to the task.

      Comment


      • #4
        My GPUs showed up only after I installed Windows SP3.
        Mike T
        Mike Trewhella
        Intel Core i7 processor 3770K 3.50GHz, ASUS Sabertooth Z7 Mother Board, NVidia Graphics card GTX 465, 16GB RAM, Antec 300 case, Windows 7 Ultimate (64), Edius 6.55, Vistitle 2.5

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MT02MHT View Post
          My GPUs showed up only after I installed Windows SP3.
          Mike T
          Good thought Mike, but unfortunately I do have SP3. What's more, I got off the phone with tech support and they claim my Radeon X550 with 256meg of ram should qualify for the GPU effects.

          I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still nothing. I'm at a loss to figure out why I don't have these effects. At least I finally got Title Motion to install.

          Comment


          • #6
            Does anyone know if there's a way to 'force' the installation of the GPU effects? There really seems to be no reason why the installation process should have 'decided' not to install it with a 250meg card.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ken7 View Post
              Good thought Mike, but unfortunately I do have SP3. What's more, I got off the phone with tech support and they claim my Radeon X550 with 256meg of ram should qualify for the GPU effects.

              I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still nothing. I'm at a loss to figure out why I don't have these effects. At least I finally got Title Motion to install.
              Hi

              I've just had to replace my Radeon X700 - 512 Meg, which did not support GPUFX. This is because it only has Pixel Shader version 2.0 (the requirement for Edius 5's GPU effects is pixel shader version 3.0).

              I purchased Radeon HD3850 for less than £50 (inc VAT and p&p) from Ebuyer. Since installing it the GPU effects have popped up and all is well...

              Unlike many of the graphics cards that are up to spec for Edius this one is still only single slot width so it fitted the limited space in my system.

              Hope you get your system working properly soon
              Last edited by andrewwhiteley; 10-10-2008, 02:38 PM.
              Andrew Whiteley

              Edius Workstation 9.51 on Intensity pro 4k, Windows 10 pro 64bit, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI Intel Z170, GTX 750 Ti 2Gb, i7 6700K 4.0GHz, 32 Gb RAM, 'C' drive Samsung M.2 256Gb,
              Media drive 2 X Samsung 850 pro 1Tb RAID 0,
              Archive media drive Hitachi 4TB

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks Andrew. How does one find out what pixel shader version you have? I went into the properties of the card and I don't see anything that references that.

                It would be nice if you could force an install.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Here is a link that can help with Pixel Shader and some video cards
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_Shader
                  GA-EP45C-DSR3,Core2Q3ghz,8gig1066,260GTX,2x 20"AOC,22"Vizio1080pTV, Edius5/HDspark,PC3,Imaginate, CS5ProdStudio/IntensityPro,Win7_64
                  HPdv7t 17"notebook,8gig,2 IntHD,9600GT512M,17"extmon, Edius4.61,CS4Prodstudio.Win7_64,MX02Mini
                  DAW,HPdv9000,x2Turion,4Gig,2IntHD,Audition3,Cubase 4,XPpro,Alessis F/Wmixer,M-Audio F/Wmixer,BCF2000, BehringerMixers, Fender sound sys
                  Numerous Ext eSATA drives & Raids shared between systems

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks Blast. It does indeed seem as if the X550 has pixel shader 2. Oh well, I guess a new graphics card is in order. That computer is just a backup and I don't really use it, but it still may be worth replacing the card.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      AFAIK it's not an install issue, GPU effects are installed regardless, but rather whether they are shown and available.

                      Upgrading video driver may be necessary.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Is SSE 2 and 3 detected related to pixel shading?

                        Before installing Edius 5, I want to be sure that my card will support the new effects. It appears my card is an Nvidia 7950 which does support shader 3 but on start up Edius says "SSE 2" detected (not 3)...My friend says his says 'SSE 3 ' detected and he has pixel shader 3 (coincidence)??

                        My understanding was that SSE 3 relates to the CPU and not the video card but just looking for verification here
                        Thanks

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Merrick, I have a new Sony Vaio laptop (CR590) that has pixel shader v. 4.1 and works great with Edius 5.0. :)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by merrick61 View Post
                            My friend says his says 'SSE 3 ' detected and he has pixel shader 3 (coincidence)??

                            My understanding was that SSE 3 relates to the CPU and not the video card but just looking for verification here
                            Thanks
                            SSE, and its relatives, are instruction sets for the CPU. Wikipedia has a nice article.
                            Camera: Sony HVRZ1U
                            Software: Edius 5.11, ProCoder 3.05.91, Imaginate 2, DVDit Pro HD
                            System: Supermicro X7DA8, 2 Dual-Core Xeon (5060) 3.2GHz, 4GB RAM, (ST3750640AS) 750GB x 2 SATA
                            7200RPM RAID 0, PNY NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT (512MB), Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP, WinXP(SP2), Edius NX w/ Bay and Expansion Kit

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X