Which HD monitor/display do you recommend?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zorro
    • May 2007

Which HD monitor/display do you recommend?

Looking for something in the 24'' range, full HD as a must, HDMI and component input. TIA for all tipps!
  • Imagine Video
    • Sep 2007

ZORRO

I have 2 edit suites and I dont have a huge amount of space - after alot of looking around at FULL HD panels I wanted one with:

1:1 PIXEL MAPPING - SO pixel for pixel is what I see

I settled upon the BenQ FP241W 24 inch LCD Monitor

It has all the inputs I need including Componant, HDMI, S-VIDEO ,COMPOSITE VIDEO and DVI input

You could have this and 1 other 24ich for a complete setup with full prebiew from NXe or HDSTORM

Have a look at it

Asus P5K64WS, Intel Core 2 Quad QX6850 Extreme CPU, Saphire HD 3850 512mb graphics, WDraptor160 OS, Highpoint Rocket raid 2310 4 x 500gig Seagate sata 2 se drives in raid 0, NXe and Edius 5.51 Imaginate 2.
    Procoder 3.06 and various Prodad add-ons

Comment

• Zorro
      • May 2007

Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• Zorro
        • May 2007

Are all other HD people using HD TV's instead of a computer display?

Comment

• STORMDAVE
          • May 2007

I'm using a 40" Sony XBR4 1080p HDTV connected via Component from the NX.
          Also have an Intensity Pro connected via HDMI for After Effects monitoring (HD comps) and FCP, etc.

Comment

• Blast1
            • May 2007

I'm using a Visio 32" 1080p for HD/AFX with a intensity pro and have a 19" no name LCD for widescreen SD
            GA-EP45C-DSR3,Core2Q3ghz,8gig1066,260GTX,2x 20"AOC,22"Vizio1080pTV, Edius5/HDspark,PC3,Imaginate, CS5ProdStudio/IntensityPro,Win7_64
            HPdv7t 17"notebook,8gig,2 IntHD,9600GT512M,17"extmon, Edius4.61,CS4Prodstudio.Win7_64,MX02Mini
            DAW,HPdv9000,x2Turion,4Gig,2IntHD,Audition3,Cubase 4,XPpro,Alessis F/Wmixer,M-Audio F/Wmixer,BCF2000, BehringerMixers, Fender sound sys
            Numerous Ext eSATA drives & Raids shared between systems

Comment

• redgum
              • Nov 2007

I've been using Dell's for years but the new S2409W (Full HD) model is spot on. One of the only 24" 1920 x 1080 (true 16:9) monitors on the market. Limited to HDMI, DVI and Component but that's all you need with the NX or HDStorm.
              Absolutely brilliant reproduction and not expensive at all.
              I had to dump the LG 246WH (HD) monitor and a Benq because they couldn't handle the HDStorm card.

Comment

• Khoi Pham
                • May 2007

Originally posted by redgum
                I've been using Dell's for years but the new S2409W (Full HD) model is spot on. One of the only 24" 1920 x 1080 (true 16:9) monitors on the market. Limited to HDMI, DVI and Component but that's all you need with the NX or HDStorm.
                Absolutely brilliant reproduction and not expensive at all.
                I had to dump the LG 246WH (HD) monitor and a Benq because they couldn't handle the HDStorm card.
                I don't see component listed as an input, are you sure it has component?
                I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

• swsw1550
                  • Jan 2008

I don't think it has got componet on it. I just had a look on the Dell site and couldn't find anything about Componet.
                  Dell provides technology solutions, services & support. Buy Laptops, Touch Screen PCs, Desktops, Servers, Storage, Monitors, Gaming & Accessories

Steve
                  Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

• STORMDAVE
                    • May 2007

You can probably use a cheap Component to VGA adapter.

Comment

• redgum
                      • Nov 2007

Well, blow me down, I better pull the component cable out then. It was working so well, too!
                      Just so you know, manufacturers often bypass special component fittings these days and bring it in through the DVI or VGA connection. Sounds pretty smart to me, reduces manufacturing cost and does exactly the same job. Except you need a special cable - but they're common too. Doesn't change the quality - still 1920 x 1080 component.
                      And by the way - the new top end HP HD billion colour broadcast monitor uses the same principle.

Comment

• Khoi Pham
                        • May 2007

Well that is almost too good to be true, I paid almost $1200.00 for the Dell 2405 when it first came out a few years ago, back then that was 1 of only 3 model that was 1080P for 24 inch, very happy with the picture quality except for refresh rate, now the refresh rate is much better, if the picture quality is the same as the old one then I think I will get it for myself this Christmas and use the old one as a computer monitor.
                        I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

• shueardm
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by redgum
                          Well, blow me down, I better pull the component cable out then. It was working so well, too!
                          Just so you know, manufacturers often bypass special component fittings these days and bring it in through the DVI or VGA connection. Sounds pretty smart to me, reduces manufacturing cost and does exactly the same job. Except you need a special cable - but they're common too. Doesn't change the quality - still 1920 x 1080 component.
                          And by the way - the new top end HP HD billion colour broadcast monitor uses the same principle.
                          Confused. The monitor has what exactly, a component to DVI cable? If that's what you are using, how are you using it with the HDStorm, you have the Plus version? Even so, why not use HDMI?
                          AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, RTX 3080, 64GB RAM, EDIUS X WG.

Comment

• redgum
                            • Nov 2007

It's primarily an HDMI monitor - just has other connections as well.

Comment

• swsw1550
                              • Jan 2008

Yeah, why not use HDMI?
                              Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

Working...