Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which HD monitor/display do you recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    If you're prepared to accept that the set isn't 1080 (look at its native res), that should work.

Leave a comment:

• NHaskett
    replied
    Sony

Oooops that didn't work.

It's a Sony bravia 20" (KDL20S4000B)

Leave a comment:

• NHaskett
    replied
    Your thoughts on this Sony

Would this be a reasonable display to check the op?

http://www.sony.com.au/homecinema/ca...CCFEQK0IIUKIV0

Nev

Leave a comment:

• redgum
    replied
    Why? Like I said, they're commercial. You can see them when they're published like others. Anyway, this is off-topic.

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    John email me a couple, I wan't to see what you are like as a still Photographer, the ocean road ones.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    I thought it said on the Auscam Forum that you take the D3 out for National Geographic, I had a look on their site and couldn't find anything, looks like I will have to try and find a news agent that sells Auscam, Pretty hard to find up here on the Sunshine Coast. As far as I can remember National Geographic are very fusy on what photo's they will put up, you have to be a fairly well known still photographer with some great shots mate to get them posted on their site or published by them.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• redgum
    replied
    Ha! ha! ha! Not a chance. But if you buy Auscam the issue after next you could be in luck. Look for Great Ocean Road.

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    Just had a quick look John on the Auscam forum, haven't been there for over a year, I saw a post about your D3 and doing photo's for National Geographic,
    Post a link, would love to have a look at them.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• redgum
    replied
    The issue is the monitor but I would certainly like to know the outcome.

Leave a comment:

• msteini3
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
    Just because you're using an HDMI connection doesn't mean the monitor won't apply overscan.

Since the HDMI output of HDSTORM is a video signal and not a computer signal, the monitor may still apply overscan.
    All I could do far was connecting the YUV-Input of the LG Flatron L246WH with my Sony HC1. Surprise: The LG presents a "bigger area" than the small monitor of the cam. So I suppose via YUV-Input the LG applies no overscan. The monitor of the HC1 seems to do so.

In the next days I will get a HC3 with HDMI for testing. I´m going to report the results.

Markus

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied
    No, we don't have a list. It's not like manufacturers give us monitors all the time...
    Hopefully the hardware test department has some monitors around so they may give a hint.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    No, we don't have a list. It's not like manufacturers give us monitors all the time...

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied
    Dear Brandon,

Just because you're using an HDMI connection doesn't mean the monitor won't apply overscan.

Since the HDMI output of HDSTORM is a video signal and not a computer signal, the monitor may still apply overscan.
    do you have a list with monitors which won't apply overscan? TIA!

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Then the only option is to try a different monitor. I have used the HDstorm via HDMI and I have seen no cropping.
    I have used J2k, XDCAM HD, and SD material and saw no problem on the monitor that was connected.
    So far it looks like the you are the only one seeing this?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X