Vista 64 vs xp 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista 64 vs xp 64

I need to re-install windows my machine has 4 gigs of memory which I may boost to 8. Which is better for Edius and editng in general? Changing to VISTA 64 or getting XP 64?
    Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

XP 64-bit is a dead end and has never enjoyed the support that Vista 64-bit does as far as drivers are concerned. Now that Edius officially supports Vista, I would definitely select Vista 64-bit over XP 64-bit.

Comment

Of the two...Vista 64

Comment

O.k. Thanks. The reason I ask is Toms hardware has a article about VISTA being a failure even reconized by Microsoft and that it will become kind of a Windows ME. It said they have expanded support for XP and have sped up the development of Windows 7. I remeber liking VISTA but hating the security I drew the line when VISTA locked me out of my own RAID. I'll give it another shot maybe it will be better in 64 and with 8 gigs of ram.
        Last edited by rando; 10-08-2008, 03:04 AM.
        Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

Working...
        X