A Graphics Card That Will Support GPUfx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Graphics Card That Will Support GPUfx

I have an Edius NX card (PCI version) installed on an Asus P5WDG2 WS motherboard system. I just upgraded my Edius system from Edius 4.6 to Edius 5. My current video card is the Radeon X800XT which apparently does not support the GPUfx transitions since I see no folder of GPUfx transitions.

I would like to purchase a video card that is compatible with the Asus P5WDG2 WS motherboard (which has a 16 X PCIe slot that the current video card is located in). I would appreciate it if someone can recommend to me a graphics card that they know will provide the GPUfx in Edius 5 with this motherboard. I need a dual DVI video card since I am running two flat panel monitors.

I am currently thinking of getting the nVidia 8800GT video card. Would this be a suitable video card that would gain me access to the GPUfx and would work with my motherboard?

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Tom

No responses after 28 people have viewed this. I am surprised. Am I the only one facing an issue like this? In tight economic times I don't want to purchase a card that will not be any better than what I already have,i.e. will not support the GPUfx, and I need to be sure it works with my motherboard.

Tom

Comment

There are several threads already started on various graphic boards to use...

Comment

Tom, I have an NVidia 8600GT and after installing E5 the GPUfx also did not show. I then installed Windows SP3 and.....they showed up.
        Maybe that could work for you.
        Mike T
        Mike Trewhella
        Intel Core i7 processor 3770K 3.50GHz, ASUS Sabertooth Z7 Mother Board, NVidia Graphics card GTX 465, 16GB RAM, Antec 300 case, Windows 7 Ultimate (64), Edius 6.55, Vistitle 2.5

Comment

Originally posted by tnw2933 View Post
          I have an Edius NX card (PCI version) installed on an Asus P5WDG2 WS motherboard system. I just upgraded my Edius system from Edius 4.6 to Edius 5. My current video card is the Radeon X800XT which apparently does not support the GPUfx transitions since I see no folder of GPUfx transitions.

I would like to purchase a video card that is compatible with the Asus P5WDG2 WS motherboard (which has a 16 X PCIe slot that the current video card is located in). I would appreciate it if someone can recommend to me a graphics card that they know will provide the GPUfx in Edius 5 with this motherboard. I need a dual DVI video card since I am running two flat panel monitors.

I am currently thinking of getting the nVidia 8800GT video card. Would this be a suitable video card that would gain me access to the GPUfx and would work with my motherboard?

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Tom

Ok,
          I have that same board and have used ATI 2600xt 512 and Nvidia 8800gts 512 on it with great success.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com
          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Mike,

Thanks for responding. I already have Windows sp3 installed on this system so I don't think that is the issue.

Tom

Comment

Jerry,

Thanks. That is exactly the information that I wanted. I shall look into getting the nVidia 8800GTS card. Thank you.

Tom

Comment

Working...
              X