Upgrade not upgrading just crashing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade not upgrading just crashing?

Im trying to upgrade to V5 from V4 I installed as per instructions but I’m yet to successfully launch the programme..!

I get the “Edius has encountered a problem….” Message

Uninstalled re installed three times now – I get different CRC errors when I install.

Got some help from Aristotelis Bafaloukos but I’m posting this as new thread in the hope someone may have been here before.

Any advice gratefully received
    Thanks
    Nobby
    Supermicro X6DAE-G2 - 2x Dual Core Xeon 3.2 Ghz, 4G ram, SP Breakout Box, Nvidia GTX260, win xp pro. CS4. Mackie HR824 audio monitoring, Audient ASP510 Surround Sound Controller + smaller bits..

Reading from your other thead, I would suggest calling tech support and they will give you a little program that uninstalls everything completely. Then try the upgrade.

Comment

Upgrade work fine here,

Steve
      Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

Uninstalled re installed three times now – I get different CRC errors when I install.
        CRC errors = cyclik redundancy check errors

try to install from a different dvd-rom drive...
        also try copying the disc to your hard drive before installing...
        Aristotelis Bafaloukos
        Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
        BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

Thanks guys,

I'm still trying... installing from HD to get rid of the CRC errors..
          I'll keep you posted.
          Supermicro X6DAE-G2 - 2x Dual Core Xeon 3.2 Ghz, 4G ram, SP Breakout Box, Nvidia GTX260, win xp pro. CS4. Mackie HR824 audio monitoring, Audient ASP510 Surround Sound Controller + smaller bits..

Comment

So now tried installing for the HD and I still got a CRC error?

CtsGuSelectorRes.dll

Does anyone else get CRC errors when installing?

I can’t get to speak to anyone in tec support, but that’s about right for tech support!

Does anyone have a copy of the small programme that uninstalls everything?

Cheers
            Nobby

Comment

I believe that something is (or gets) corrupted in your edius5 installation files... Do you have another system that you can experiment with?

I don't think that the issue is related to the uninstaller of the previous version
              Aristotelis Bafaloukos
              Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
              BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

Originally posted by Nobby Tucker View Post
                So now tried installing for the HD and I still got a CRC error?

CtsGuSelectorRes.dll

I can’t get to speak to anyone in tec support, but that’s about right for tech support!

Does anyone have a copy of the small programme that uninstalls everything?

Cheers
                Nobby
                yeah what is your email address?
                I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Were you able to install the demo?
                  Rusty Rogers | Films
                  >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
                  >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
                  Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Originally posted by Nobby Tucker View Post
                    I did once installing a different program, it was my DVD drive causing it. I got a new drive and it install fine after that.
                    Tony

Asrock Z68 Extreme7 --i7-2700K --EDIUS 8.5WG--HDStorm+ --16GB Kingston HyperX--GTX 560Ti--AX850 PSU--MxM PCI-e Reader--Win 10 Pro 64bit

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks again..

No I don’t have another pc that I can experiment with unfortunately
                      (other pcs crap spec)

my email address is [email protected]

CRC check errors appears when installing from my hard drive also?

Tech support said my graphics card was not up to it because it didn’t support Pixel shader V3 - but I’ve done a bit of digging and it does support pixel shader v3..??

I still battling…

Cheers
                      Nobby

Comment

win xp pro
                        win XPprof. + SP2 ?????
                        Edius 5,51 / Edius 6.08 / Edius 6.54(b) / Neo 3.0 / Neo 3.5

Comment

FINALLY !

Got the ***ing thing installed!

It was the CRC errors that stopped it…I may be completely wrong but I felt it was a drive speed issue, I know it sounds stupid but I finally managed to get it to install with my slowest DVD drive and over my network!

Dodgy disc? Dodgy optical drive? Main machine problem? Could be any of them. I’m not much of a tech; but I believe that’s what’s called a workaround!

Thanks for everyone’s input and time – It’s nice to know I’m not alone!

Cheers
                          Nobby (now going to do some work!)

Comment

Working...
                          X