V5 Audio quirkiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5 Audio quirkiness

Been working on a V5 Project. I was using the new Izotope VSTs. Those work great...sort of. I started working on the project again today and one of my audio tracks already had a Multiband Compressor added along with a graphic equalizer. I still needed to fix it up a little so I added the AudioRestore per Anton's instructions. It really cleaned up the audio....problem is now Edius crashes alot. I deleted the Audio Restore VST and now all is stable again.

Seems when I added the 2 Izotope VSTs Edius had problems. Individually they worked great. I know I could render the audio file, replace and then use another VST to fix the problem. Not sure if any 2 of the VSTs affect it the same way. I had enough crashes and restarts that I don't want to experiment with it.

I just thought I would report that little quirkiness when using the VSTs.
    Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

Philip,
    I'm using 3 filters on an audio clip without any crash: AudioRestore, VocalEnhance & ParametricEQ. My project is in SD. I tried those filters on a HDV clip and it's running. Maybe something else can cause the crash ?
    Asus P5WDH Deluxe w/E6600 - 4GB Corsair - 8800GTS - 1TB & 1.5TB (2x750GB RAID 0) - Antec P180 + Trio 650W - XP Pro w/sp3 - NX PCIe w/Expansion Card - Edius 5.51
    Asus P6T i7 920 @3.6 - 12GB Corsair Dominator - GTX275 - 1.5TB & 3TB (2x1.5TB RAID 0) for Video - Antec P183 + Corsair HX-750W - Win7 - Edius 6.07 - Firecoder Blu - PC3.05.91 - BDR-203 - TMW5 & TAW5
    Asus P6T i7 930 - 12GB Corsair - GTX260 - 1TB & 1TB WD Black for Video - Antec P183 + TPQ-850W - Win7 - Edius 6.07 w/HD Spark - BDR-205

Comment

I use Edius SP hardware with my v5 and XP Sp3 and have not experienced any izotope crashes

are you using motherboard audio or edius hardware audio? are your audio drivers up to date?
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I am using a [email protected] audio card without any problems at all.

Steve
        Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

No Problems here with the NX.
          Steve
          EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
          A proud EDIUS EDITOR
          For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
            I use Edius SP hardware with my v5 and XP Sp3 and have not experienced any izotope crashes

are you using motherboard audio or edius hardware audio? are your audio drivers up to date?
            I'm running full OHCI. No NX, no HDStorm. My audio is coming via the onboard audio from the motherboard. Since I have removed the second instance of the izotope things seem to have settled down alot. I may have to experiment with a smaller project and see what happens. I was getting close to wrapping that project up and wanted to get it stable so I could finish it. I will try to experiment with a smaller edit or some test files soon. Something that won't cause me stress if I have to start over.
            Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

Comment

Working...
            X