Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PaulTV
    replied
    So now I think I know what it is - the rendered files from 4.61 are "see thru" by version 5, if I re-render a new shiftQ in V5 it works correctly, so there is a difference between 4.6 rendered files in HQ and V5.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    To bring this one back: I've put 4.6 back on a laptop and it does not display this "see thru to lower tracks" behaviour - so I'd say that it is a bug. If I ever shift Q and make a rendered track above the "heavy" layers, I've never had to switch anything off to make it play. The tracks below are simply hidden. This is not the case with V5 - it sees through the layers and creates poor RT.

I have the same project on V5 and V4.6 and the playback results are different.

Can someone from GV let me know if this is a known bug?

Paul

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Just a reminder to put things into perspective. A major version is a bit of a reset. While we generally won't intentionally slow things down, there are changes that can cause things to perform more slowly. For example, handling more transparency equals having to deal with more data. More data = more work = less real-time

We usually try to err on the side of quality over speed, but of course we always aim for speed.

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    It would appear that this applies only to motion blur - try it - very funny indeed!!

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Martin_Gleeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Khoi Pham View Post
    It has always been like this since I started to use Edius in version 3, doesn't make sense to me but they said that is the way it is, after you shift Q it, you still need to "hide" lower layers or it will take away your RT.
    Unless you are speaking about motion blur specifically, then this was never the cae. When I have tracks (such as multiple PiP or Vitascene transitions) which will not play in realtime, I simply Shift-Q rendering In-Out and the newly rendered file plays fine - regardless of whether the track below is enabled or not. If I needed to disable the lower track, then this would be a bug, pure and simple!

Cheers
    Martin

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    never had that one happen to me before - how odd - needs fixin eh?

Paul

gonna get a new dual quad core monster - can't deal with this any longer -

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    Originally posted by PaulTV View Post
    OK, I've found a repeatable oddity - I have motion Blur on two timelapse clips on track 1 with a colour balance filter as well - shift Q render to timeline - render appears on track 2 - playback is crabby.

Turn off the motion blur on track 1 - playback is good.

So track 2 can see the motion blur filter on track 1 below it - is this right??

Paul
    It has always been like this since I started to use Edius in version 3, doesn't make sense to me but they said that is the way it is, after you shift Q it, you still need to "hide" lower layers or it will take away your RT.

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    OK, I've found a repeatable oddity - I have motion Blur on two timelapse clips on track 1 with a colour balance filter as well - shift Q render to timeline - render appears on track 2 - playback is crabby.

Turn off the motion blur on track 1 - playback is good.

So track 2 can see the motion blur filter on track 1 below it - is this right??

Paul

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    clips are 1440 1080 50i as is the project - if I change the hardware or OHCI there is no change in behaviour.

I also had a situation with 4.61 which caused slow down of the gui if I had more than 5 sequences open at once, now its down to 2 with V5, I can only really edit with one sequence open now.

Also, I keep rendering sections to playback OK in realtime, and they won't, unless I switch off the video track underneath as though there's transparency on, which there isn't..

This is making me crazy as I've a project to get out today - no hope at all.

This is deranged - my rendered clip appears on the timeline after render, it won't playback in realtime, move it elsewhere on the timeline it plays - put it back where it should be and it stalls, unless I switch off the tracks underneath - it behaves as though transparency is on for sure..

Paul
    Last edited by PaulTV; 10-07-2008, 12:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    is the HQ clip 1440x1080i? if so, is the project also set to 1440x1080i and is the rendering format set to canopusHQ

my tsakmanager shows Edius using 225mb while sitting idle with no clips loaded

I also use 128mb for hardware and OHCI

does anything improve if you set hardware to 256 or higher?

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    My Laptop has Vista, my main station has XP SP2.

Task manager shows 636mb with new clean HDV project CPU 0%
    Very little pause when loading, I removed Izotope as it causes a minute
    wait to load up edius.
    OHCI and NX memory set to minimum 128.

playing back a loaded clip of HQ with bad stutter gives 70% CPU and 989mb
    ram - cpu never max's out unlike on the Vista laptop which cruises to 100% cpu and plays no problem with the same clip.

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    Originally posted by PaulTV View Post
    More on my RT issue with my Supermicro - strange how even when the timeline is dragging its feet and failing to play in realtime, my CPU usage does not exceed 70%, whilst my laptop will max out at 100% when the application is struggling - is this a difference between XP and Vista - me I don't have a clue, but it's real strange.

Paul
    Paul
    Which has XP and which has Vista? perhaps some of the issue lies here as Edius has been re written to work on Vista? is vista faster or slower.
    I have been waiting my time to upgrade to a 64 bit system but as Edius is still 32 bit and from what I read the 64bit may not improve performance at this stage I am reluctant to change as I have a number of programs that I use that definitely "WILL NOT" work on vista.
    One is Ulead Media Studio Pro that has a magnificent feature that catalogs all my tapes with thumbnails of all the clips and makes it so easy to catalog to an Access Database for retrieval
    Any one know of something that will do that for not TOO many dollars, I still work at Bang for Bucks. Perhaps I leave it just on my lap top with XP! but what if I upgrade that, all I see now have vista!
    Regards Barry

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    what memory usage have you set in the NX and OHCI sections?

what is the memory consumption of your Edius5 in taskmanager processes tab after starting a new project with no clips in bin or timeline

does Edius pause a long time during progress bar when you double click the desktop icon

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    that is exactly what I have

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    Anton, I've got version 4.0.0.9 21/02/2008 - correct yes?

Paul

Leave a comment:

Working...
X