Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tobe
    replied
    yes, thanks for the reminder re firewire 6 pin cables...still no joy here on this problem...it has really always worked before, so I don't get it...hopefully I'll have time to work on it again tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• tuyle
    replied
    warning: when you use 6 pin - turn power off before you plug & unplug the firewire cable to your computer or deck (be safe than sorry).

Leave a comment:

• Tobe
    replied
    just rebooted system and same results....must be a choice somewhere that I've not made correctly. i'll continue fumbling around.

Leave a comment:

• Tobe
    replied
    I tried this on two playback systems...locked to DV I get an error message saying "No output image in VCR ...change format." It also says to remove fire cable to make a change. which I do and reset to DV. Makes no difference.

Then it resets me to Auto. In auto I have playback on the camera's lcd screen, and machine control for play, reverse, etc. through OHCI/Edius but no picture or audio into the system and no capture, although it tells me it's starting initialization, but doesn't. I have I-link conversion on.

I have tried resetting the lock to DV connection with and without the firewire cable plugged in, and have shut off power and started again with the same results.

I have even tried different firewire ports but once the camera is recognized, I get the same result. And, yes, I am choosing Generic OHCI in Edius...

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Disconnect /reconnect your input from Camera/deck

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Is your camera/deck locked to DV output or Auto?
    Auto will not work.

Leave a comment:

• Tobe
    started a topic OHCI capture no go

OHCI capture no go

I use Edius 3.62, shoot in 1080i and let the camera downconvert, capture with OHCI and usually am good to go. Today, although i can get deck control as usual with OHCI, I get no capture. Edius goes to initialize but no capture...and no signal in the monitor...Storm Bay with analog input works fine, but I really want to use my firewire OHCI for a cleaner signal. Anyone else had this problem?
    I use the Storm (1) card and have not experienced this before.
    Tobe
Working...
X