10GbE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10GbE

Anyone here setup a 10GbE shared storage for EDIUS and shared computers? Fibre is more expensive...

Kind of! I have 10Gb setup from a 16x SATA II Server in Raid 50 running Windows Server. The initial 10Gb connection from the server to the switch is fibre, but it connects to a Gigabit switch. To cut costs we strapped Cat 6 Lan connections from the clients to the 48 port switch to increase bandwidth. We run HD footage to 3 Editing stations in addition to the daily administrative tasks of 9 other clients with very little slow down.

Comment

Thanks Jared.

How much did it cost you? Are there PCIe 10GbE controllers readily available out there?

Comment

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
        Thanks Jared.

How much did it cost you? Are there PCIe 10GbE controllers readily available out there?
        Yeah, I might be interested in that one.
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com
        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Have a look at this link on Creative Cow by Bob Zelin sounds interesting, we may look at something like this with a Linux file server at some point.

http://library.creativecow.net/artic...ur_own_san.php

Regards

Dave.
          Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
          www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

Sorry for the long delay. I put it together myself about 2 years ago. I went overboard with the 48 port switch, but with 16 drives, the OS, Server box, memory, CPU's, 10Gb PCI-x card and the connections for the fibre, I spent about 12k. It was money well spent though. I've been able to transition seemlessly from 250Gb drives to 500's and now were about to trade out for Terabyte drives. Every once in a while I get a small hiccup, but I'm very happy with the overall performance with HD footage

Comment

Working...
            X