Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio

I am have a slight problem with my audio....it sounds and looks great on the timeline, but after burning a DVD, it is lower than normal.....I want to know which metering to use for my timeline....VU, Peak etc..........I am using -12db as my reference audio, but I am having a problem when i look at the meter which is giving me the correct levels as I notice that they all read different

Originally posted by Alade View Post
    I am have a slight problem with my audio....it sounds and looks great on the timeline, but after burning a DVD, it is lower than normal.....I want to know which metering to use for my timeline....VU, Peak etc..........I am using -12db as my reference audio, but I am having a problem when i look at the meter which is giving me the correct levels as I notice that they all read different
    Try: Peak Meter - Full Scale & Reference audio at -20db
    Asus P5WDH Deluxe w/E6600 - 4GB Corsair - 8800GTS - 1TB & 1.5TB (2x750GB RAID 0) - Antec P180 + Trio 650W - XP Pro w/sp3 - NX PCIe w/Expansion Card - Edius 5.51
    Asus P6T i7 920 @3.6 - 12GB Corsair Dominator - GTX275 - 1.5TB & 3TB (2x1.5TB RAID 0) for Video - Antec P183 + Corsair HX-750W - Win7 - Edius 6.07 - Firecoder Blu - PC3.05.91 - BDR-203 - TMW5 & TAW5
    Asus P6T i7 930 - 12GB Corsair - GTX260 - 1TB & 1TB WD Black for Video - Antec P183 + TPQ-850W - Win7 - Edius 6.07 w/HD Spark - BDR-205

Comment

Web address?

Hey Tuyle,
      Are you talking about Peak Meter Pro on this website -?
      http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp...r-Pro-3.0.html

Thanks, Alan
      Alan J. Levi
      Director

SYSTEM: ASUS P8Z77-VPro mobo, Intel 3770K CPU, 16 Gig Crucial 1866 RAM, Antec 1000W PS, EVGA nVidia 560Ti 1Gig Video, CoolerMaster CPU cooler, LG GGW-H20L BluRay DVD, SPARK card w/23" Samsung 1920x1080 Monitor, OCZ 240GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray & 3 WD Enterprise 1TB video RAID 5 HDD's. 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer2000 Audio Fader/Controller

Comment

Originally posted by tuyle View Post
        Try: Peak Meter - Full Scale & Reference audio at -20db

Thats not possible....Full Scale & Reference are on the same choice list.....I cant select both at the same time.....do you mean VU meter & Reference

Comment

for Audio Ref Level: Project Setttings - Audio Reference Level: change to -20db
          for Audio Mixer of Edius: on the upper right hand corner, left click on the arrow down (next to X) - tick on Peak Meter & Full Scale

Alan, I'm talking about the Edius Audio Mixer ... :-)
          Asus P5WDH Deluxe w/E6600 - 4GB Corsair - 8800GTS - 1TB & 1.5TB (2x750GB RAID 0) - Antec P180 + Trio 650W - XP Pro w/sp3 - NX PCIe w/Expansion Card - Edius 5.51
          Asus P6T i7 920 @3.6 - 12GB Corsair Dominator - GTX275 - 1.5TB & 3TB (2x1.5TB RAID 0) for Video - Antec P183 + Corsair HX-750W - Win7 - Edius 6.07 - Firecoder Blu - PC3.05.91 - BDR-203 - TMW5 & TAW5
          Asus P6T i7 930 - 12GB Corsair - GTX260 - 1TB & 1TB WD Black for Video - Antec P183 + TPQ-850W - Win7 - Edius 6.07 w/HD Spark - BDR-205

Comment

Yea, I know where to find it, just want to know which combination is best for accurate , or nearest accurate reading...thanks ......

Comment

Try to burn the DVD with this setup and let us know.
              On Edius - the the Audio Mixer: make sure the master @0.0 db (number at the bottom of the slide).
              Play audio on the timeline and adjust the volume so the master will have max @-10, but not over -6.

Comment

Will try it on my next project.....

Comment

also, make sure your Edius5 is preset for Edius3 compatible panning mode

if a project was started with panning mode on standard, you can still change it by right clicking the sequence tab

I am not sure if anyone is really using standard panning mode?
                  Attached Files
                  Anton Strauss
                  Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

tyanks...but I am still lagging behind with 4.52, and will NOT get rid of 3.62......just because i like photo Album, and use it in all my wedding videos....I personalise it for every client, from the cover to the pages....dont know why the wizards at GV cant build a plugin to get it to work in v.4 & v5....such a waste of program.....

Comment

Edius3 was a great version, very stable

however, I can no longer edit without multiple timelines (sequences)
                      Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

yeh, I am getting used to using multiple timelines as well.....but v.3 was so nice......I use both.....v.4 for the advantages of multiple timelines, multi cam, and the fixes , but cant dump 3....not until I get a replacement for photo album......I still think , even though it had limitations, it was a very great plugin......got to see what v5 has to offer me......I must admit though, v3 has a real smooth look..4+ well had to get used to it....but I would NOT trade EDIUS for any other program......all I want to see now is a nice meter....like a seperate pallette, that I can place it anywhere I want while editing....maybe in V.501?...lol...no, I am not going to hold my breath.......

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                          I am not sure if anyone is really using standard panning mode?
                          We are. It makes more sense when going to an pro audio app. You don't get 1 duplicate but 1 devide where the sum is 100. It also makes more sense when going for dvd audio in a pro app.
                          Steve
                          EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
                          A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                          For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

in my case I often shoot talking heads with radio mike connected to channel1 with perfect level

now, with panning mode Edius3, when I right click the clip and choose monaural1, the track is dupliocated onto track2 and keeps the same level, this is what I need and want

with panning mode on standard, I lose half the level and I need to boost it with rubberband or filter or audio mixer to get it back to the correct level
                            Anton Strauss

Comment

Just as an aside I have found this program invaluable for auto adjusting levels and other things: http://www.conversationsnetwork.org/levelator

especially for less controlled environments like a speaker at a podium.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X