Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusty
    replied
    Ok, but is the .lock file new? Yesterday was the first time seeing it after years of backups!

I have renamed/saved the project, so now it's playtime...

1) Locate the .lock file in Window Explorer.
    2) Re-open the crashed project with Edius.
    3) Go back to the Window Explorer.
    4) Press F5 to refresh...
    5) >Poof!<
    6) The .lock file is now gone!
    7) (I like lists)
    8) :~/ sigh

Leave a comment:

• Aristotelis
    replied
    I had the same error in edius 4.x as well... I think that it is normal... the backup file is read only so the software thinks that it is locked from another user...

Just save with a new filename or save and replace your original file... then if you wish you can delete the backup files...

Leave a comment:

• tuyle
    replied
    Rusty,
    My system did not crash, just run normal and it has the filename.ezp.lock too (small 2K file). I don't know what is this file and ... don't want to delete it :-)

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    started a topic E5 post-crash question

E5 post-crash question

Here's something I've never seen with v4.

After a rather nasty system crash/restart while rendering to the Timeline I restarted Edius and after receiving the typical "Last-Saved" message I also got one about the file being edited by another user (of whom there are no others), and to save it under a new name. I'm guessing this to be a new file protection scheme, perhaps for network users. Probably a good idea.

Here's the question, with a yarn...
    So I go to back up my data (twice daily) and now there's an new file named >filename<.ezp.lock
    If I delete this file, will my original (>filename<.ezp) be ok?
    Will the user info disappear?
    If Edius closed normally there is no >filename<.ezp.lock saved, right?
Working...
X