• swsw1550
    replied
    Brandon that is correct about 4GB for Addressing in 64bit systems,

Cheers
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    Photoshop CS4 is true 64bit software, same as Adobe LightRoom 2 is, when installing it has a look at what system your running and installs the correct version, 32bit or 64bit, can't say much else you will just have to wait a few weeks for the release.

Cheers
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    You need 64-bit OS for > 4GB addressing.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by swsw1550 View Post
    you will have to add Photoshop CS3 (EXE file) to Data Execution Prevention in Vista 64bit to get it to run without problems, Commonly known as DEP.

cheers
    Steve

Steve,
    How does Photoshop CS4 64bit run in Vista 64bit? How does Production Premium work under Vista 64bit? I think you said you have a version of the PP.

Also, in Vista 32 does it increase the amount of ram seen by the OS as opposed to what is seen by XP? Or do I have to move to 64bit to get 8gbs to show up?

Jerry

Leave a comment:

• juhaheiskanen
    replied
    For production stability I'll make dual boot install with XP SP3 and Vista..
    Thank's for advices !

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    you will have to add Photoshop CS3 (EXE file) to Data Execution Prevention in Vista 64bit to get it to run without problems, Commonly known as DEP.

cheers
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• juhaheiskanen
    replied
    Just placed order of Vista 64 Ultimate. No Risk, No Fun !
    I also use Photoshop CS3 for huge panorama pictures.
    XP SP3 runs out of resources when merging 5-6 pictures taken with Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III.. (need 18 pics merging)

I'll give you performance results when clean install is ready (couple weeks)

-DC-

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    At the moment Vista x64 is ready for real work........however if you have XP 32bit and don't need RAM above 4GB, then use XP SP3.

By the time SP2 rolls out for Vista, I am sure everything will be as good as XP SP2 was.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I doubt it would improve anything, HD editing works fine here on XP 32bit

however, in Vista 64 you may have more software apps open if you have lots of Ram

Leave a comment:

• juhaheiskanen
    started a topic Edius 5 and Vista 64 bit

Edius 5 and Vista 64 bit

Hi !

Full HD editing requires more resources and power.
    Would Vista U 64bit and Edius 5 give more power and resources ?
    Any experiences.. ?

I'm running Supermicro DAE7 with duo Quad intels , 4GB and 3Ware 9000 raid 6TB, FX 3700 and XP32 now.

BR,
    Deepcore
    Finland
Working...
X