No announcement yet.

Some clips in bin cause crash after upgrade to v5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new project will not allow me to import the clip - almost as if the clip is corrupt. Attempting to play the clip in windows media player results in a crash.

When I reverted back to version 4 (via Ghost), all was well with these clips both within Edius and Windows Media player. What is curious is that about 50% of my m2t clips were OK withing the Edius 5 envrionment.

I'm now wondering if the m2t codec got corrupted or changed on my system. Although I did do my best to uninstall version 4, I am tempted to put a fresh install of XP on fresh a blank sata drive and install Edius 5 straight onto that so there is no possibility of version 4 leaving residual bits and then I can try pulling this project in again and see if there is any change.

I'm happy to supply the errant clips and project file for you, but due to the size of the clips (over 5 Gb each) I will need to post these to you on a drive.

kind regards

Andrew
    Andrew Whiteley

Edius Workstation 9.51 on Intensity pro 4k, Windows 10 pro 64bit, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI Intel Z170, GTX 750 Ti 2Gb, i7 6700K 4.0GHz, 32 Gb RAM, 'C' drive Samsung M.2 256Gb,
    Media drive 2 X Samsung 850 pro 1Tb RAID 0,
    Archive media drive Hitachi 4TB

Comment

Please help

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
      Is the behaviour the same? In other words, if you open one of those M2T files in a new empty project's bin, will it dump EDIUS back to the desktop?

If not, we might need to get a sample file + project that consistently breaks for you, to test.
      OK

I have now done a new XP install with SP3 on a blank drive and installed Edius 5. This time the behaviour is a little different.

I now am able to create a new project in E5 and import these same clips with absolutely no problems.

However these same clips are still reported as 'offline' when I open the Edius 4 originated project. Reverting back to the old system disc with Edius 4 installed and the same project opens with all clips present and correct...

This is potentially a huge problem for me as clients do occasionally come back requesting an updated version of a previous project - which until now has been very easy as I could open the Edius 4 or 3 projects that I have dilligently archived on external drives without having to start from scratch..
      Last edited by andrewwhiteley; 10-04-2008, 02:02 PM.
      Andrew Whiteley

Edius Workstation 9.51 on Intensity pro 4k, Windows 10 pro 64bit, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI Intel Z170, GTX 750 Ti 2Gb, i7 6700K 4.0GHz, 32 Gb RAM, 'C' drive Samsung M.2 256Gb,

Comment

All I know is that one of the issues reportedly fixed in the upcoming 5.01 update, is an item that reads something like "fixed issues with opening projects from older versions"

Perhaps this will include your problem?

Comment

All I know is that one of the issues reportedly fixed in the upcoming 5.01 update, is an item that reads something like "fixed issues with opening projects from older versions"

Perhaps this will include your problem?
          This does sound promising - I'll be very pleased if this does the trick! Are you able to guestimate when 5.01 will be available?
          Andrew Whiteley

Comment

Between now and the end of the year? (Not that helpful is it?)

In all seriousness, I don't think it's too far away - it includes the drivers for the new HDSPARK and HDTHUNDER products, so it will certainly need to be ready for when those two ship out in around 8 weeks.

Comment

Word back is that engineering have identified the issue, and say that it will be fixed in an upcoming update.
              Thank you Keneally. Just back from a few days away, nice to have some good news on this :)
              Hedley Wright
              Partner - Brett Vale Studios

System: Mac Pro 2 x Quad-Core intel Xeon 6GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB, 2 BenQ FP937s 19" Wide Monitors, 200 Gb Bootcamp Window XP Pro partition, 550Gb OsX Leopard partition, RAID 0 Video drive 2 x 750Gb WD Caviar | Edius 5.11, NX Express

Comment

And thank you - it was your clip that helped solve the problem!

Comment

Any idea whether this will be fixed in 4.01 and if so when 4.01 is likely to be released please?
                  Hedley Wright

System: Mac Pro 2 x Quad-Core intel Xeon 6GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB, 2 BenQ FP937s 19" Wide Monitors, 200 Gb Bootcamp Window XP Pro partition, 550Gb OsX Leopard partition, RAID 0 Video drive 2 x 750Gb WD Caviar | Edius 5.11, NX Express

Comment

5.01 is due later this year. I don't know if your fix has been included, but I will check the latest build.

Comment

Looks like it's fixed in 5.01, if my current build is anything to go on.

Comment

Thank you for checking - appreciated.
                        Hedley Wright

Comment

Looks like it's fixed in 5.01, if my current build is anything to go on.
                          Is there any timescale for the release of this fix yet? - I'm desparate to use my shiney new Edius version 5, but can not do so yet because of the clip corruption issue - I make regular use of archived projects and this issue is a show stopper for me...
                          Andrew Whiteley

Comment

Late Nov/Early December

Comment

Many thanks Kenneally - I will be eagerly anticipating this fix!
                              Andrew Whiteley

Comment

Working...
                              X