Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the perfect value monitoring solution...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the perfect value monitoring solution...

BenQ 16:9 HDMI+speakers & really good price

It appears to take in YUV input via HDMI, so that's covered..

Comment

Buy one Mark and let me know how it goes mate.

Cheers
      Steve
      Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

So what is the price Mark?

Looks to be a very promising monitor and in particular to take advantage of the HDMI output from the GV HDStorm card. I note in the specs that it has two 5w speakers so I hope will it allow stereo monitoring as well.

Great find.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim N View Post
          I note in the specs that it has two 5w speakers so I hope will it allow stereo monitoring as well.Jim
          Monitor spec's look good, but don't expect much from the sound.
          Mostly all I have tested before I bought my HP 2207W (not full HD) are not usable, including the one I bought !

Comment

I read 2 x 1 W...... but you would want to connect the audio out from the Storm card to decent speakers.

Umm Jim, how does a street price of around AU $450-$500 sound?

PS, i might just do that Steve.

Comment

On the basis that I like to hear my productions audio on modest systems so I know the worst they will sound I always appreciated onboard sound on monitors. I have just got a Sony LMD 2030 monitor and the crappy sound from that is worse than my previous Sony 14" PVM monitor so I certainly got my wish there!

Jim

Comment

I like to hear my productions audio on modest systems so I know the worst they will sound
                Video people will always be video people.
                Lots of video productions going around have very bad sound, especially the "ssshhhhhish" on the voice overs could normally use a lot of de-essesing, most likely they think the same as you :)

If you don't monitor the sound you produce and play a lot with EQ's and compressing / Limiting etc. (and cheap clip-on mic's) mostly the High's but also the low's will suffer, resulting in a bad sound that you don't even notice on extreme low end sound systems.

Nobody demands from you to invest huge sums of money in HQ studio monitors, your not cutting an album, but that statement is way wrong.

Good picture quality is important, sound is as equal as it's degrades your HQ production to average, or worse ............

just my 2 cents.

Comment

Thanks Tony,

I am installing a better monitoring system as per your advice cause the new Sony 2030 is just way too bad. Then I will have the best/worst of both worlds. Funnilly enough I have an old BOSE Acoustimass system with a Perueaux Power MosFet amp in the back room waiting to be used but that system is such a monster I think just a good quality simple amp and speakers will do. At least with LCD monitors I won't need to worry about magnetic fields from the speakers.

Jim

Comment

I think just a good quality simple amp and speakers will do.
                    That's nice to hear Jim, 1 converted, many to go :)

Almost any (old) hi-fi stereo amplifier and a set of medium size 2 way speaker (preferable 3 way) will do.

If you are really concerned about "worst" case scenario sound, you should monitor your stereo mix also in "Mono", Bad audio mixes often cause phase cancellation when the Left & Right audio channel are combined.

People with TV broadcasting experience / background will know what I'm talking about.

Comment

If you are looking for a true 1080P monitor, vice 1920x1200 I would wait a bit, there is going to be a bunch of them hitting the market soon, Acer is another one thats available now at reasonable prices, more to follow
                      GA-EP45C-DSR3,Core2Q3ghz,8gig1066,260GTX,2x 20"AOC,22"Vizio1080pTV, Edius5/HDspark,PC3,Imaginate, CS5ProdStudio/IntensityPro,Win7_64
                      HPdv7t 17"notebook,8gig,2 IntHD,9600GT512M,17"extmon, Edius4.61,CS4Prodstudio.Win7_64,MX02Mini
                      DAW,HPdv9000,x2Turion,4Gig,2IntHD,Audition3,Cubase 4,XPpro,Alessis F/Wmixer,M-Audio F/Wmixer,BCF2000, BehringerMixers, Fender sound sys
                      Numerous Ext eSATA drives & Raids shared between systems

Comment

This one is 1080P though

Comment

Working...
                        X