X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetongue
    replied
    Originally posted by Alade View Post
    Bluetongue, I noticed you have Title Deko installed on your system....does it plug in to Edius, or do you run it as standalone
    Alan
    I run it as stand alone it is an old version still in SD land 720x576 but has some good styles and exports in tga which imports into Edius so easily. Combine that with the new GPU effects and it is different. Add a sharpen filter of 30 and you are away, some of the videos I have placed on Vimeo have used the Title Deco titling

http://www.vimeo.com/6187614
    or
    http://www.vimeo.com/6259798

Regards Barry
    Last edited by Bluetongue; 09-01-2009, 01:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kobyg
    replied
    Wow, thank you very much for the research CentralEurope !
    I really appreciate it !
    And it is good to know that I won't have to re-install Edius again, in case I upgrade my video card !

Thanks again !
    Koby.

Leave a comment:

• CentralEurope
    replied
    from the GV-Edius 5.xx site ==> http://desktop.grassvalley.com/products/EDIUS/index.php
    Graphics card with at least 256 MB of graphics memory (512 MB recommended)
    with support for PixelShader Model 3.0 or later (i.e. DX9-based)

from nvidia (legacy) Product-site: http://www.nvidia.com/object/LO_20021117_4942.html
    GeForce FX 5600
    CINEFX SHADING ARCHITECTURE
    • Support for DX 9.0 pixel shader 2.0+
    • Support for DX 9.0 vertex shader 2.0+
    • Advanced pixel shaders allow floating-point
    pixel shade
    your card are out of the PixelShader Model 3.0 Specifications ==> this imho the key for "can not find" the GPU-FX

to clarify:
    GPUfx is already installed on your PC ==> but Edius know correct the incompetence from your card
    and blinding out the GPUfx-folder in the effectpallete

if you do nothing on your install ==> only change the old card to a card with with support for PixelShader Model 3.0 or later
    the GPUfx folder will shows up atomatically, in your effect palette

Please, excuse my "gibberish" english, friendly greetings from .......CentralEurope

Leave a comment:

• Alade
    replied
    Bluetongue, I noticed you have Title Deko installed on your system....does it plug in to Edius, or do you run it as standalone

Leave a comment:

• kobyg
    replied
    Thanks guys !
    I indeed didn't understand the list correctly...

By the way, my card has 256MB.

Since I know my system is a rather old, I'm not expecting realtime transitions... I have no problem waiting for offline rendering of them...
    Too bad there's no software version for those transitions...

By the way, the Vitascene transitions works fine on my system (although it writes a warning message of "limited GPU support, so it would run slower"), so I hoped Edius' GPU transitions would work too...

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    Hi Guys
    No one has asked how much RAM his video card has, if there is less than 512Mb - forget GPU transitions they will not be loaded in most situations
    I am sure that is the minimum?
    Regards /barry

Leave a comment:

• CentralEurope
    replied
    http://desktop.thomsongrassvalley.co...patibility.php
    if you read the list correct:

your (old) NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 have not the "note ==> including GPUfx transitions"

GeForce FX5600:
    AGP/128MB
    like the GeForce 9xxx Series or other cards on this list
    GeForce 9xxx Series:
    GeForce 9600 GT (PCIe/512MB), and GeForce 9800 (PCIe/512MB)
    tested OK with EDIUS v5 software, including GPUfx transitions

Quadro FX1700:
    PCI Express/512MB - tested OK with EDIUS v5 software, including GPUfx transitions
    Fazit: the list tell you "so it should work fine !" with Edius ==> but without GPU-FX

Please, excuse my "gibberish english, friendly greetings from .......CentralEurope
    Last edited by CentralEurope; 09-01-2009, 09:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kobyg
    replied
    I'm having the same problem !
    I can't see the GPU Transitions.

I have 2 video cards installed:
    1. NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600
    2. ATI Rage 128

Don't laugh at me, I know they are a bit old, but I found the GeForce5600 on the Edius Hardware Compatibility list (http://desktop.thomsongrassvalley.co...patibility.php), so it should work fine ! (I don't expect the ATI Rage to work with GPU... It is very old)

I have updated my NVIDIA driver, but still cannot see the GPU transitions...

You have mentioned something about a BIOS setting for working with 2 video cards. Could you be more specific...?

Leave a comment:

• wags
    replied
    It can also be settings in your BIOS. For example, I run two cards but had to default the BIOS as I messed things up the other day and computer would not boot. Once it fired back up everything was working fine but I had no GPU in EDIUS 5. Went and changed a setting in the BIOS then re installed EDIUS 5 and away it went.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    It should've installed OK, but GPUfx will not appear in the list if EDIUS cannot determine whether your GPU meets the minimum requirements.

Leave a comment:

• MT02MHT
    replied
    As the originator of this thread I must say that the only thing that actually got GPUFX into my system was the installation of SP3.
    I tried all the suggestions in the thread without success. Perhaps this could be a sticky to try if GPU FX fail to install.
    Mike T

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Oops, my mistake. Thx for the correction.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
    Definitely SP3 is not a requirement, as I have GPUfx with SP2. However, SP3 probably installed an update that helped in Jerry's case.
    I do have SP3 installed, however it was the original poster who added it to make things work. I have yet to purchase the update.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Definitely SP3 is not a requirement, as I have GPUfx with SP2. However, SP3 probably installed an update that helped in Jerry's case.

Leave a comment:

• AJL14
    replied
    Whoa there....

Hey Jerry - does that last post mean that Service Pack 3 HAS to be installed for the GPU transitions to be available? Most of us have been holding off with SP3 since SP2 is working so perfectly with E4.x and we don't want to upset the nicely riding applecart. What say you to this with everyone's input?
    Cheers,
    Alan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X