X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PaulTV
    replied
    Hey Steve,

yeah, I'm finding it very sloppy, although it's good on my laptop - so I reckon we still have some horrid NX card issues going on which were present in 4.61 but not in 4.5

Going OHCI doesn't help, and what is really stupid is that converting my EX1 files to HQ doesn't make any difference in real terms to how the playback is.

EX1 file with soft and CB, buffer shows 1/2 - same HQ file same filters, buffer shows 1/2 and maybe a 3 now and then.

Sorry but you can't do any creative work with this as it is.

Oh, and my timeline cursor is all jumpy and sticky too - this is very crap indeed.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    Also I said in another post that I thought version 4.61 was or seemed to me to be more stable, faster, ect, maybe it is just me though. I really hope they sought out all these little bugs with Version 5 soon.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    I have noticed similar on a different system than your's, same video foramt though, load it up a bit and it chokes with realtime, and I have 64GB of DDR 2 1100mhz ram running. I have tried similar with the new Premiere Pro CS4 and don't have these problems, hopefully and update will sought all this out. This happens with 1440 X 1080 50i files on 4 layers on my machine.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    Oh boy, I just installed V5 on my Supermicro system and RT has taken a dreadful hit.

I removed the Izotope stuff as they were holding up the load time for about a minute - but I'm down to 4 layers of HQ 1440 1080 50i project with static PinP
    - all this with a dual 3.4 Xeon and Rocket raid sata.

If I add an EX1 file to the timeline, then apply colour balance and soft focus it chokes - I understood that mpeg playback had been improved with V5 ??

If I place an HQ 1440 1080 50 file on the timeline and add colour balance soft focus and whitebalance it chokes

This is so bad, Edius has been rendered un usable for any practical editing here.

Anyone with any observations apart from spend 4K on a new computer?

Paul

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    I have just found out it is the TPI file in Vitascene that does this.

Cheers
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Yes there are a few strange behaviors that seem to happen only in Vista

Leave a comment:

• UBI2002
    replied
    Originally posted by swsw1550 View Post
    Also on more thing, has anyone noticed if you open Edius 5 and close it and re-open it a few times it will not re-open, you have got to go to task manager and then processes and end the Edius Main from running to relauch the program, or just reboot the system, Anton told me that this is known already so I hope that they will fix it soon.

Cheers
    Steve
    Hello!

The same here!!!
    Vista 64Bit / Asus Rampage Formula / QX9650.

Kind regards,
    UBI2002

Leave a comment:

• Blast1
    replied
    Seems the app world is in no hurry to go 64 bit. :-(
    Outside the advantage of addressing for mo memory, the effort to transcode a app that works perfectly good in 32 bits with a 64bit OS is not worth the effort it would take for the results, an increase in clock speed would probably be more of a benifit.

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    I have quite a few programs that are true 64bit, their out there, but it depends on what you need.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Sorry Steve, I don't see how that post supports your point?

I also hope that it won't be toooooo long before there is true 64 bit support. I am surprised at the amount of programs that run in Vista 64 as 32 bit programs. Seems the app world is in no hurry to go 64 bit. :-(

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    It would have been nice if Edius was a dual installer for true 32bit and 64bit, systems like Adobe is doing. But I suppose we can't have everything.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    It was just one point mate about it, also people have mentioned about taking full adavantage of the 64bit platform, HOW?
    I have been using 64bit systems now for years, not a few weeks or months.
    Last edited by swsw1550; 10-01-2008, 12:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Originally posted by swsw1550 View Post
    Just my point of view, I had Edius 4.61 installed on a system with 64GB of ram and Vista 64bit, NVidia 280GT, 8 300GB Veloci Raptor Drives, Adaptec Raid controller, I then installed Edius 5 (after removing 4.61) and found it not to run as well as 4.61 did, People on the forum say that it is 64bit and runs quick,

Cheers
    Steve
    Actually Anybody that has anything to do with it has said that it is 32 bit but will run in Vista 64.

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    Just my point of view, I had Edius 4.61 installed on a system with 64GB of ram and Vista 64bit, NVidia 280GT, 8 300GB Veloci Raptor Drives, Adaptec Raid controller, I then installed Edius 5 (after removing 4.61) and found it not to run as well as 4.61 did, People on the forum say that it is 64bit and runs quick, (it isn't 64bit at all) it installs into the Program files X86 folder for a start, not the 64bit Program folder where true 64bit software installs. I have found it to be slugish compared to 4.61 for some reason, I spoke to Anton and he told me to remove a lot of the Izotope VST'S and only leave the 2 that are needed, this made start up a lot quicker by not having to load all these up at start up. once it is running it seems to be ok though, has anyone else noticed how slugish Edius 5 is compared to 4.61 or is it just me? Also on more thing, has anyone noticed if you open Edius 5 and close it and re-open it a few times it will not re-open, you have got to go to task manager and then processes and end the Edius Main from running to relauch the program, or just reboot the system, Anton told me that this is known already so I hope that they will fix it soon.

Cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by swsw1550; 10-01-2008, 12:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bandman
    replied
    Originally posted by wags View Post
    Hi
    Well just because I can I went back to version 4.60 and did this.
    I am only ruining single sata drives.

A- 9 x tracks of Canopus HQ 1440/1080 in static Pips playing back in realtime.
    B- 3 x tracks of Canopus HQ 1440/1080 with 3D Picture in Picture playing back in realtime.

Video clip here so you can see for yourselves.
    http://www.hdvunderwater.com/edius/test/test.htm

Now by the sounds of it there is a problem with the 3D Picture in Picture thingy but can any of your out there get that many tracks of Canopus HQ 1440/1080 playing realtime with 5?
    I got 10 layers (1 background and 9 static pip). I stopped at that point.

With the 3D effect, I managed 1 background and 1 3D. When the 2nd 3D started, the buffer emptied quickly. The 3rd 3D caused the system to go blip, blip, blip. While Edius did not stop, it managed about 4 frames per second.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X