Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kwshaw1
    replied
    Thanks for clarifying that. About how long does it take to render out to HQ?

Leave a comment:

• wags
    replied
    Yes thats what I did as well.

Leave a comment:

• iibw
    replied
    "recaptured" is a wrong word, I should have said "rendered." I dropped the raw file onto the timeline then rendered it out as HQ.

Leave a comment:

• kwshaw1
    replied
    Originally posted by iibw View Post
    I just downloaded raw footage from this new still camera in video mode, then recaptured it in HQ.
    How exactly did you get the footage into the HQ format?

Leave a comment:

• kwshaw1
    replied
    I'd say the helicopter scene looks pretty wobbly, and bokeh quality in one posted sample was poor due to lens shutter effects, but other than that this camera offers intriguing video options at a reasonable price. Where else can you get a video camera with a 35mm sensor and interchangeable lenses for a few thousand dollars?

I'd rank it:

Innovation: A- (needs 24 fps option)
    Video quality: A- (see comments)
    Low light: positive reviews
    Usability: D

If Canon would take this technology and put it in a proper video camera at a similar price, it would be game-changing.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Quality: B+
    Rolling Shutter: C
    Usability: C

Overall: B-

Leave a comment:

• wags
    replied
    I suppose the helicopter vibrations/movement are quick & tiny, not enough to cause it to go wobbly jelly.

I does give out a wonderful image but in the real world not much good if you have to keep the camera still.

Here is a little clip from that scene, I slowed it down.
    http://www.hdvunderwater.com/videoclips/canon.wmv

Leave a comment:

• iibw
    replied
    The raw clips are .h264. Most computer systems cannot play it back in realtime unless you have the latest and fastest. That is why I converted it to HQ.
    I noticed the "jellocam" effect in the bathroom scene as well. However, I thought it would be more noticable in the helicopter shots because the vibrations would have made the rolling shutter effect very obvious.

Leave a comment:

• wags
    replied
    I can drop the raw clips straight onto the timeline but there don't play back realtime. Can anyone get them to play back realtime on their systems?

Check the one where he is washing his face in the basin, at the start look at it frame by frame and you can see the rolling shutter/skew effects.

Keep the camera still and they shoot wonderful but look out if you move them around.

Leave a comment:

• iibw
    started a topic Edius works with Canon 5DMII!

Edius works with Canon 5DMII!

I just downloaded raw footage from this new still camera in video mode, then recaptured it in HQ. Wow....try it yourself and see! Edius works great.

http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/control...articleID=2127
Working...
X