Izotope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Izotope

Edius 5 seems to be very nice, have not work a project yet but I like it so far, only thing is I can't find Izotope, isn't it supposed to show up in audio filter?
    I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Never mind, duh airhead me.
    I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Found them in the VSTs?

Comment

Yes thank you.

Comment

Izotope VST

Originally posted by Khoi Pham View Post
          Yes thank you.
          Hi Khoi,
          I'm having a problem with using of Izotope's Master Limiter that came with 5.0 which BTW is sweet. The trouble for me is that every time I change the parameter it goes back to Default after the save and restart. For some reason I'm failing on my attempts to get in touch with people from Izotope. Have you experienced anything like that and by chance do you have a solution?
          Thanks.
          Bronek

Comment

Hi Bronek, sorry I don't have that problem, and I don't have a solution for you.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              .... Have you experienced anything like that and by chance do you have a solution?
              Thanks.
              Bronek
              Hi Bronek,

you can save a iZotope preset like a EDIUS Filter:
              Information Palette/Mastering Limitter ---> right mouse button:
              Save as Current User preset

Eric
              Attached Files
              English is not my native language

Comment

Izotope VST

Eric,
                I've tried it in the past but it didn't work either. I'll try to reinstall entire 5.0program... I'm glad to know that it works at least for some.
                Thanks.
                Bronek

Comment

I am having trouble with Izotope as well:

After applying an Izotope filter and choosing a setting on multiple audio clips, spread over two audio tracks, all Izotope filters in all audio clips return to default when I choose "undo". regardless if it is several steps after applying the filters. I tried for example by applying Izotope filters, adding a video clip to the timeline, applying a video filter to that clip, then make a cut, then undo: all Izotope filters return to their "default" setting. Pretty frustrating........

The Edius audio filters do keep their settings during the same example.

Copying Izotope filters from one audio clip to another, also returns the settings to default on the clip where the filters are copied to.............

Edit: And I just learned that opening a project that was saved with Izotope filters will show................default settings for the Izotope filters.
                  Last edited by plekkie; 10-23-2008, 12:16 AM.
                  Edius Workgroup 8.53

Comment

Are you guys on SP3 XP? alot of my problems went away after I update to SP3.

Comment

I'm on XP Pro SP3.

And now for the best part:

I got suspicious that after exporting the audio tracks, the Izotope filters were not applied at all. So I created a new project, added just one audio track, and applied two filters:
                      Mastering EQ: Telephone
                      Analog Delay: Bottom Growler

Of course the resulting audio is awful, but at least it is an easy way of checking if filters are really applied.

Result: Timeline plays the awful audio, but exporting the file to .ac3 stereo or .wav gives an audio file where the "telephone" effect has not been applied. There is some effect of the analog delay, because the audio file is not like the original, but it definitely does not sound like the "bottom growler".
                      The timeline is still playing the awful sound though, with both effects. That is to say, until I use undo or save the project.........
                      Edius Workgroup 8.53

Comment

Answer from Izotope support

This is the answer I received from Izotope support:

"Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry for any trouble.

The problem that you are encountering is indeed a known issue which has to do with how Edius loads and supports VST plug-ins in general. We have been in contact with them about this issue. As such, I would recommend waiting for the next update to Edius 5.

In the meantime however, we have found that when you move the sliders manually instead of using presets, you will indeed be able to copy the VST plug-in settings from one audio region to another.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
                        Jack

iZotope, Inc.
                        Master Your Audio"

I have checked and it works when moving sliders starting from the "default" preset. When using any other preset and moving sliders, you still lose the applied settings when copying or exporting the timeline.
                        Edius Workgroup 8.53

Comment

Edius 5.01 available in next 48 hours!!

I received following information from Thomson GV support today:

"Dear Customer,
                          We believe that you had been experiencing problems with
                          EDIUS V5 and the iZotope VST Plug-in.

We are pleased to inform you that these issues should now have been
                          fixed within the latest update for EDIUS V5 (5.01). This will be made
                          available to download via the support pages of our website within the
                          next 48 hrs".
                          Edius Workgroup 8.53

Comment

Working...
                          X