Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnasat
    replied
    Thanks Anton, I will give this a try next week.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    if the source footage is proper 4:3, then in order to make proper 16:9 you will need to crop top and bottom, basically in layout tool select the fit width preset and top and bottom will be cropped, you can fine tune vertical position of crop if needed such as less crop at top and more at bottom

this will cause a drop in sharpness, so add a sharpness filter and set to between 8 and 15 until it looks to your liking

Leave a comment:

• johnasat
    replied
    Yes excellent, because it is all highlighted you do have to click the top third.
    I will have to play around with the output settings as the quality is not as good as the original 4:3 or would you expect that?

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by johnasat View Post
    Hi Anton,
    Thanks that got me checking it out. The layout F7 is grayed out although I did get into it once but after many other attempts it stayed grayed out, curious that.

Johnasat
    the layout tool can only be accessed when the video section of the clip is selected

the clip consists of a top third (video)
    middle third (audio)
    lower third (keyer track)

in order to go to the layout tool, click the top third then F7 will work

Leave a comment:

• johnasat
    replied
    Hi Anton,
    Thanks that got me checking it out. The layout F7 is grayed out although I did get into it once but after many other attempts it stayed grayed out, curious that.
    Next I tried in clip properties - video info - aspect ratio and changed it to 16:9that then played in the viewer as 16:9 then exported the clip and it worked, played in 16:9

Many thanks.
    Johnasat

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    make sure your project setting is on 16:9 (preview monitors look 16:9 shape)

then use the clips layout tool and select fit width or manually zoom and position to fit width

unless your 4:3 footage is already anamorphic 16:9, let me know and I will provide a different answer

Leave a comment:

• johnasat
    started a topic Exporting 4:3 to 16:9

Exporting 4:3 to 16:9

I am using the E5 Trial and I want to convert/export pal mpegs 4:3 to 16:9 so far it only changes the file size and appears to be 16:9 but when viewed in WMP or Cyberlink player it is still 4:3
    Last edited by johnasat; 09-23-2008, 05:11 PM.
Working...
X