Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gavin++
    replied
    It's because of the latency compensation which is usually a feature of VST-hosts. At the moment it looks like if EDIUS is missing this feature.

Leave a comment:

• Bassman
    replied
    I have been in contact with Izotope over the past few months about "fixing" the plugin. There is a lot of finger pointing at GV and how they need to "fix" something.

Bottom line, the audio is still out of sync... And I don't think it will ever work properly.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Good on you Anton, love your work.
    Regards
    Pete Rhodes
    Melbourne Australia

Leave a comment:

• EraseAndRewind
    replied
    Be aware that the demo has several restrictions.
    VST & AE bridge are surely some of them.

Most likely what ever worked in E5 as plugin doesn't work in E6 as there is a bonus disc with the full E6 version with install files.

Leave a comment:

• Hutch TV
    replied
    iZotopVSTPlugins22 for Edius 6 yes/no?

Hi

I am running version 6 demo. Does anyone know if the Izotope audio plug ins that are on the Edius 5 installation disc will work.

I thought I installed them OK via System Setting>Effects>VST Plug in Bridge and then added them from the C drive where they were installed within my program files.

File says iZotopVSTPlugins22

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Hutch TV View Post
    Anton

In one of your tutorials you talk about the limiter filter making a clip 2 frames out of sync.

http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...reduction.html

I have used this filter heaps but never seen it as an issue. Is this related to a longish clip or also short ones.

I find the limiter an outstanding filter and highly reccomend it to all.

Hoping it works in Edius 6. I am about to find out.

it is never out of sync while playing the timeline, it goes out of sync when exporting

do a small test, export a small section between in and out and then place on top of each other to compare waveforms, or listen to the echo as you play

Leave a comment:

• Hutch TV
    replied
    2 frame issue with Limiter filter

Anton

In one of your tutorials you talk about the limiter filter making a clip 2 frames out of sync.

http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...reduction.html

I have used this filter heaps but never seen it as an issue. Is this related to a longish clip or also short ones.

I find the limiter an outstanding filter and highly reccomend it to all.

Hoping it works in Edius 6. I am about to find out.

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    ctr + a (select current track to end) drop filter done?

If you want it as audio apps where you can put it on the bus. No Edius is not that sophisticated in audio.
    It is something that would be great. Example all audio on track one was done on a wireless system and you want to remove hiss.
    Just add noise reduction to the bus (ch1) and you are done all audio that gets dropped has the hiss removed. :)

Edius is a dinosaur on audio. :)
    Last edited by SRsupport; 11-12-2008, 04:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BillBarrett
    replied
    Thanks for the reply pjsss. Putting a sequence on another sequence allows me to apply the Mastering Limiter to the whole project which is exactly what I wanted to do. Great suggestion. For the other question:

How do I apply one of the iZotope filters to a Track?

Select all clips on the track you want and then drag and drop the filter.

This applies the filter to each audio clip. Is there a way to apply it to the entire track? This is how Sony Vegas does it. If I have 20 clips from an interview, it would be nice for changes in settings to be globally applied rather than having to do it 20 times. I know I can copy that filter with changes applied to each clip but after another change it has to be done all over. Just wondering if there is another option I'm missing.

Leave a comment:

• MT02MHT
    replied
    Hi Stuart, I actually used a microphone fitted with a furry wind gag but the location was at a very windy North of England beach. I also had no say in the matter regarding location. Anyway the damage is done now and the best I can hope for is that the rumble is reduced somewhat by electronic means. Thanks for your input though.
    Mike T

Leave a comment:

• beachside
    replied
    Originally posted by MT02MHT View Post
    Thank you Anton & Stuart, I am sure I will find the answer from your postings.
    Mike T
    Just keep in mind you'll never completely remove the wind noise. It covers a wide frequency range and even though most of it is below 150Hz there are high frquency components that can never be removed. "Prevention is better than the cure" as they say.

Leave a comment:

• Vaughan Wood
    replied
    Anton, (or anyone)...

What about the "character" slider along the bottom of the Limiter?

What do you suggest for that one?

I haven't detected any difference in that setting.

Thanks for your settings too,

Vaughan

Leave a comment:

• MT02MHT
    replied
    Thank you Anton & Stuart, I am sure I will find the answer from your postings.
    Mike T

Leave a comment:

• beachside
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    you can remove wind noise with the Edius paramatric EQ

while playing, try frequencies around 90kz (create a V shape as seen here)
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...wind-noise.png
    Or even easier use the Edius Low Cut filter set to about 150Hz.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by MT02MHT View Post
    Anton, firstly thank you for taking the time to create tutorials on using the VST Audio Restore plug-in.
    Is there any tutorial to remove wind rumble on the soundtrack? I have followed your lessons and they do work great at removing hiss type noise but the wind rumble is still there. Any advice would be welcome.
    Mike T
    you can remove wind noise with the Edius paramatric EQ

while playing, try frequencies around 90kz (create a V shape as seen here)
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...wind-noise.png

Leave a comment:

Working...
X