izotope VST plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anton, (or anyone)...

What about the "character" slider along the bottom of the Limiter?

What do you suggest for that one?

I haven't detected any difference in that setting.

Thanks for your settings too,

Vaughan
    Main Edit System ASUS Z170-Pro, 6700K, 32 gig ram HD Spark, Windows 7 64bit Edius 8.1 (Edit Machine)
    2nd System Intel DZ77BH, 3770K, 16 GB ram, Edius 8.1 (ingest and authoring)
    3rd system (internet & Printing station)

Comment

Originally posted by MT02MHT View Post
      Thank you Anton & Stuart, I am sure I will find the answer from your postings.
      Mike T
      Just keep in mind you'll never completely remove the wind noise. It covers a wide frequency range and even though most of it is below 150Hz there are high frquency components that can never be removed. "Prevention is better than the cure" as they say.
      Cheers,
      Stuart.

Comment

Hi Stuart, I actually used a microphone fitted with a furry wind gag but the location was at a very windy North of England beach. I also had no say in the matter regarding location. Anyway the damage is done now and the best I can hope for is that the rumble is reduced somewhat by electronic means. Thanks for your input though.
        Mike T
        Mike Trewhella
        Intel Core i7 processor 3770K 3.50GHz, ASUS Sabertooth Z7 Mother Board, NVidia Graphics card GTX 465, 16GB RAM, Antec 300 case, Windows 7 Ultimate (64), Edius 6.55, Vistitle 2.5

Comment

Thanks for the reply pjsss. Putting a sequence on another sequence allows me to apply the Mastering Limiter to the whole project which is exactly what I wanted to do. Great suggestion. For the other question:

How do I apply one of the iZotope filters to a Track?

Select all clips on the track you want and then drag and drop the filter.

This applies the filter to each audio clip. Is there a way to apply it to the entire track? This is how Sony Vegas does it. If I have 20 clips from an interview, it would be nice for changes in settings to be globally applied rather than having to do it 20 times. I know I can copy that filter with changes applied to each clip but after another change it has to be done all over. Just wondering if there is another option I'm missing.
          Main Edit Station: Edius 6.02, Gigabyte UD5, i7-950 @ 4.0, GTX 470, 12 GB GSkil, HD Spark, 4 TB RAID0 WD RE Video Drive, 2 TB RAID0 Render Drive
          2nd Computer: Edius 6.03, Asus P6X58D-E, i7-950 @ 3.07, Radeon 2600, 6 GB Corsair, 1.5 TB RAID0 Video Drive

Comment

ctr + a (select current track to end) drop filter done?

If you want it as audio apps where you can put it on the bus. No Edius is not that sophisticated in audio.
            It is something that would be great. Example all audio on track one was done on a wireless system and you want to remove hiss.
            Just add noise reduction to the bus (ch1) and you are done all audio that gets dropped has the hiss removed. :)

Edius is a dinosaur on audio. :)
            Last edited by SRsupport; 11-12-2008, 04:22 PM.
            Steve
            EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
            A proud EDIUS EDITOR
            For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

2 frame issue with Limiter filter

Anton

In one of your tutorials you talk about the limiter filter making a clip 2 frames out of sync.

http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...reduction.html

I have used this filter heaps but never seen it as an issue. Is this related to a longish clip or also short ones.

I find the limiter an outstanding filter and highly reccomend it to all.

Hoping it works in Edius 6. I am about to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hutch TV View Post
                Anton

In one of your tutorials you talk about the limiter filter making a clip 2 frames out of sync.

http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...reduction.html

I have used this filter heaps but never seen it as an issue. Is this related to a longish clip or also short ones.

I find the limiter an outstanding filter and highly reccomend it to all.

Hoping it works in Edius 6. I am about to find out.

it is never out of sync while playing the timeline, it goes out of sync when exporting

do a small test, export a small section between in and out and then place on top of each other to compare waveforms, or listen to the echo as you play
                Anton Strauss
                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

iZotopVSTPlugins22 for Edius 6 yes/no?

Hi

I am running version 6 demo. Does anyone know if the Izotope audio plug ins that are on the Edius 5 installation disc will work.

I thought I installed them OK via System Setting>Effects>VST Plug in Bridge and then added them from the C drive where they were installed within my program files.

File says iZotopVSTPlugins22

Comment

Be aware that the demo has several restrictions.
                    VST & AE bridge are surely some of them.

Most likely what ever worked in E5 as plugin doesn't work in E6 as there is a bonus disc with the full E6 version with install files.
                    E5.51 + E6.05 / NX HD / Win7 x64 / intel X3366 / 9800 GTX+
                    Imaginate 2 / TMPGEnc VMW5 / TMPGEnc AW4 / WaveLab 4.

Comment

Good on you Anton, love your work.
                      Regards
                      Pete Rhodes
                      Melbourne Australia
                      Intel (R) Core i7-770 CPU 3.6ghz
                      Ram -32gig, 64 bit Windows 10 Pro
                      GeForceGTX 1050 T

Comment

I have been in contact with Izotope over the past few months about "fixing" the plugin. There is a lot of finger pointing at GV and how they need to "fix" something.

Bottom line, the audio is still out of sync... And I don't think it will ever work properly.
                        Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

It's because of the latency compensation which is usually a feature of VST-hosts. At the moment it looks like if EDIUS is missing this feature.
                          EDIUS certified trainer | DaVinci Resolve certified trainer
                          Video tutorials for video editing and music production (German)

Comment

Working...
                          X