X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NakedEye
    replied
    Hi Rusty

Can you please post your steps if you have some time to spare as...

I have tried your export method & I cant seem to get it to work...I have tried 3 ways from the exporter & each results in an audio stream embeded in the mpeg file...if I choose do not export audio under the convert audio settings I get no sound in my file but it still has an audio track embeded it is just silent...properties show audio 48k & bitrate just as normal export...in fact file size is the same as program stream with audio. so its not creating separate streams at least the way I have been trying to follow.

I could be just missunderstanding your export method though.

Hi Ronnie

You could always pop into the Print to DVD wizard & toy with bitrates etc in there to get a visual reference on the disc space needed by the resulting file...not elegant but a work around at least...there are also some good online bitrate calculators you could use.

I miss the chapter points from sequence markers in the streams I frame creation.

Regards

Dave.

Leave a comment:

• Birtyboy1
    replied
    Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    I had a chance to revisit the issue of elementary streams today and found that they are not an issue at all. Using Batch Export made it pretty easy. By disabling audio conversion on a video export and separately exporting .ac3 audio, it made perfect sense. All in a single batch export without the wizard stuff. Definitely a more professional approach.
    How do we do this Rusty?

When go to the advanced tab the options are greyed out.

What advantage is there to have m2v and separate ac3 audio as against just outputting m2p with ac3 audio linked?

Phil

Leave a comment:

• RonnieMartin
    replied
    Originally posted by Richtiger View Post
    I'm now just trying to get my head around the different look of Edius 5 (coming from Edius 3).
    The export options to Mpeg 2 seem very limited. How do I tweak the bit rate etc in Edius 5? PCE in Edius 3 gave me all sorts of options for final export.
    Also, how do I render out to Mpeg 1 in Edius 5?

Richard
    What I miss is the ability to tweak bit rates and instantly know if you chose a setting that would allow the projct to fit on the disk without trial and error.

It is probaly there, I just don't know where it is.

Ronnie

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    I export two streams in a few mouseclicks with Batch Export to get the file types I need...
    Aren't they elementary? (my dear Watson)
    Maybe we already have what we need.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    I had a chance to revisit the issue of elementary streams today and found that they are not an issue at all. Using Batch Export made it pretty easy. By disabling audio conversion on a video export and separately exporting .ac3 audio, it made perfect sense. All in a single batch export without the wizard stuff. Definitely a more professional approach.
    Even on my most optimistic days, I could not call lack of elementary streams "more professional"

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    you need to tick enable conversion

or export to HQ.avi and then use T4 Xpress, my favourite

Leave a comment:

• Richtiger
    replied
    I'm now just trying to get my head around the different look of Edius 5 (coming from Edius 3).
    The export options to Mpeg 2 seem very limited. How do I tweak the bit rate etc in Edius 5? PCE in Edius 3 gave me all sorts of options for final export.
    Also, how do I render out to Mpeg 1 in Edius 5?

Richard

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    NO PCE so no PCE presets. To be expected. You can use the included exporter which work well Except it outputs program streams not elementary ones. That is the problem that was being discussed here. There are ways to demux to get elementary streams (also discussed) or yes, go to PC2 standalone and use that.

Leave a comment:

• RonnieMartin
    replied
    Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
    I think that somehow this slipped by. I will be shocked if it is not corrected before long.
    Hello Pat I have loaded 5.01 and tried my first project. When I got down to export the file for DVD authoring I discoverd that my PC express presets that I had been using for so long were no longer included in 5.01.
    I do not have procoder 3 but have prococer 2 on another machine. Must I now go outside of Edius 5.01 to export my file from the time line? This seems like a step backward to me. My authoring program is ulead WS2.

Any hope that this will be corrected soon?

Thanks
    Ronnie Martin
    www.distracingvideo.com

Leave a comment:

• pehrbau
    replied
    I have used elementary streams with multi audio tracks for several languages in Encore. In Encore you can not remove the audio track that is connected to the video in the m2p stream. My solution was to keep the audio but move it to a new audio track. Then put the correct audio on additional new audio tracks and just forget about the original audio track and let it be unselected when you select languages. It would have been more convenient to be able to use elementary.

Leave a comment:

• xmanflash
    replied
    You can make elementary streams from program streams using rejig..

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...ools/rejig.cfm

It worked for me and its quick (it just re-writes the streams, no processing)...

Encore imported it fine..

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    Originally posted by Proton View Post
    Me too! I was astonished not to see the option in the "Save as type" drop-down box. With Edius 4 I regularly exported elementary streams for use in DVDLab Pro. I hope I don't have to go back to 4 when I need to make the next DVD...
    With DVDLab Pro you will not have to worry as it will automatically parse the video into Video and Audio when imported, Greatest DVD authoring program, and the cost makes it even better
    Regards Barry

Leave a comment:

• Proton
    replied
    Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
    I think that somehow this slipped by. I will be shocked if it is not corrected before long.
    Me too! I was astonished not to see the option in the "Save as type" drop-down box. With Edius 4 I regularly exported elementary streams for use in DVDLab Pro. I hope I don't have to go back to 4 when I need to make the next DVD...

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Originally posted by David Ice View Post

I think, though, it's a BIG mistake for Edius to only ouput program streams!!

David Ice

Leave a comment:

Working...
X