Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Componet to HDMI

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Componet to HDMI

    Is there a box or cable that lets you convert componet to HDMI?
    Randy

    Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

  • #2
    Originally posted by rando View Post
    Is there a box or cable that lets you convert componet to HDMI?
    I did a search for this and this looks close. It looks a little cheap though.
    Do a google search and you should come up with a lot hits. It depends on your price range.

    http://www.svideo.com/ypbpr2hdmi.html

    For what this costs, you can double the price and get an Intensity Pro.
    Add the optional HD Extreme breakout cable and you have bnc connectors and deck control. Capture in uncompressed or mjpeg and bring it right into Edius.
    Mjpeg performs very close to what HQ does.

    If you are planning on buying the HDSTORM+ it already has component inputs. Why go from analog to HDMI to input, when you can go straight from analog to digital input. I hope that you can capture to uncompressed as well as other codecs with the HDSTORM+. The uncompressed capture is an issue with me due to some banding issues with the 8bit HQ codec on gradients.

    I have been using an Intensity Pro for about a year now. Believe it or not, I do most of my capturing through the analog inputs. I have found that in a lot of cases the pure digital signal is a little to harsh and creates other issues with picture image. The analog image is smoother and creates a lot less flickering on edges and the like. When I do my blu-ray discs, they are crisp without being too intense.
    This is a personal preference and should not be construed otherwise.
    Last edited by Jerry; 09-21-2008, 01:43 PM.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

    Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

    Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


    Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

    Comment


    • #3
      Check on Ebay, I am sure I have seen them there,

      cheers
      Steve
      Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by swsw1550 View Post
        Check on Ebay, I am sure I have seen them there,

        cheers
        Steve
        Here is that same unit with the Gefen brand from Ebay.

        http://cgi.ebay.com/Component-Video-...ayphotohosting



        Here is the header page for you.
        http://search.ebay.com/search/search...fsop=32&fsoo=2


        Scroll down, I did see one in the $160 range.
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com
        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

        Vistitle YouTube Channel
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

        Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


        Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

        Comment


        • #5
          cool thanks!
          Randy

          Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

          Comment


          • #6
            What's your intended purpose for converting component to HDMI?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jerry View Post
              I did a search for this and this looks close. It looks a little cheap though.
              Do a google search and you should come up with a lot hits. It depends on your price range.

              http://www.svideo.com/ypbpr2hdmi.html

              For what this costs, you can double the price and get an Intensity Pro.
              Add the optional HD Extreme breakout cable and you have bnc connectors and deck control. Capture in uncompressed or mjpeg and bring it right into Edius.
              Mjpeg performs very close to what HQ does.

              If you are planning on buying the HDSTORM+ it already has component inputs. Why go from analog to HDMI to input, when you can go straight from analog to digital input. I hope that you can capture to uncompressed as well as other codecs with the HDSTORM+. The uncompressed capture is an issue with me due to some banding issues with the 8bit HQ codec on gradients.

              I have been using an Intensity Pro for about a year now. Believe it or not, I do most of my capturing through the analog inputs. I have found that in a lot of cases the pure digital signal is a little to harsh and creates other issues with picture image. The analog image is smoother and creates a lot less flickering on edges and the like. When I do my blu-ray discs, they are crisp without being too intense.
              This is a personal preference and should not be construed otherwise.
              I don't think it will let you do deck control since that chip must be missing from the Intensity Pro.

              Comment

              Working...
              X