Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two important questions for GV crew

Hi, I would like to ask 2 questions:
    1 Is it possible to publish drivers files? I have Edius NX Express and I want to test demo on my card. As far as I understand, drivers are not a subject to sell? You are selling Edius, right? And I think I am not alone here with hardware.
    2 Can you tell about training for Edius 5? Are you planning to publish it, and if yes- when?
    Thank you.
    mike
    Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

1. Drivers are available in the Drivers folder even in the DEMO of EDIUS and have always been there.

2. Mike Downey has a great tutorial for EDIUS 4 and maybe new one is in the works........but the one that's already available is good. There haven't been that many additions to EDIUS 5 from 4.

Comment

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
      1. Drivers are available in the Drivers folder even in the DEMO of EDIUS and have always been there.
      Sorry Stormdave but the Edius 5 demo has no hardware drivers.

Comment

I could've swore it had them! Maybe the one I got had them?

Comment

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
          I could've swore it had them! Maybe the one I got had them?

The one from the download section named EDIUS_v5_trial_wo_mn definitely has no hardware drivers.

Comment

1. No plans to include hardware drivers, for a number of reasons, which I can only speculate on. For what it's worth, we've never bundled drivers for anything above DVStorm/DVRex/DVRaptor. It still seems to be a popular download..

2. Training is handled by a completely different department now, and I have no information on what their schedule is. This is the same group that look after http://university.thomsongrassvalley.com

Comment

Thank you, but till "the end" ov ver. 4.x all the drivers were inside. I allways downloaded demos and they were working with my dongle as full version, all the drivers were inside.
              mike
              Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

Originally posted by mike0130 View Post
                Hi, I would like to ask 2 questions:
                1 Is it possible to publish drivers files? I have Edius NX Express and I want to test demo on my card. As far as I understand, drivers are not a subject to sell? You are selling Edius, right? And I think I am not alone here with hardware.
                Some people has installed 4.6 NX drrivers with Edius 5 demo ... with success.
                Try so.

Marc
                System : W7 Ultimate - MB: Asus Z170 - I7 6700K - Ram 16 Go - SSD1 256 Go (OS/log) - SSD2 1To (rushes) - HDD 4To (save) - Nvidia Asus GTX970 - HDspark - Edius WG 9 - Vistitle 2.6 - Robuskey - Mercalli4 - Neat video - Ignite - Hitfilm4Pro - AV : Eset Nod32 - Others : Moniteur Sony 32-EX500 - Cam : Sony EX1-R - 2 x Sony PXW-X70 - 1 x Pana GH5
                Edius in France

Comment

Some people has installed 4.6 NX drrivers with Edius 5 demo ... with success.
                  I do not understand... Why should I use Toyota engine for my Buick? I do not ask to give me Edius for free, I just wanted something that should be part of this Edius. And after my 30 trial days will be gone I will not need drivers- I will be completely dissapointed and will never buy a new version.
                  I had Matrox card before, I checked Blackdesign- every card has free drivers from official WEB site. All those companies PROUD to give customers new drivers.
                  Well, I don't know...

Comment

Originally posted by mike0130 View Post
                    I do not understand... Why should I use Toyota engine for my Buick? I do not ask to give me Edius for free, I just wanted something that should be part of this Edius. ...
                    Sorry , I thought that you want only test Edius V5 demo with your NX.

Marc
                    System : W7 Ultimate - MB: Asus Z170 - I7 6700K - Ram 16 Go - SSD1 256 Go (OS/log) - SSD2 1To (rushes) - HDD 4To (save) - Nvidia Asus GTX970 - HDspark - Edius WG 9 - Vistitle 2.6 - Robuskey - Mercalli4 - Neat video - Ignite - Hitfilm4Pro - AV : Eset Nod32 - Others : Moniteur Sony 32-EX500 - Cam : Sony EX1-R - 2 x Sony PXW-X70 - 1 x Pana GH5
                    Edius in France

Comment

Originally posted by Marc44 View Post
                      Sorry , I thought that you want only test Edius V5 demo with your NX.

Marc
                      Yes, Marc, this is exactly what I want. But I'd like to use CORRECT driver. Do you see anything wrong with it?

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
                        For what it's worth, we've never bundled drivers for anything above DVStorm/DVRex/DVRaptor.
                        I downoaded ISO Edius 4.60 with full set of drivers, including my NX Express card...

Comment

Working...
                        X