X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin_Gleeson
    replied
    Originally posted by SoundFreak View Post
    Maybe it would be a good idea to use Premiere, as it has already what you want.

As for the rest of us, we like it in Edius just the way it ...............
    Surely no need for that. Romigo was just saying it's a feature he'd like to see in the software. Romigo, maybe add this as a request in the Enhancement section of the forum.

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    Originally posted by Romigo View Post
    I wish to see two timelines at the same time. - one just above to another - in two separate (may be floating) windows (as I can do in Premiere)
    Maybe it would be a good idea to use Premiere, as it has already what you want.

As for the rest of us, we like it in Edius just the way it ...............

Leave a comment:

• Romigo
    replied
    I wish to see two timelines at the same time. - one just above to another - in two separate (may be floating) windows (as I can do in Premiere)

Then I can prepare clips in one sequence (as a spare bin) and drug by mouse to another sequence where I finish my movie.

Its faster to find right scene on timeline then i player window.

It was my wish for Edius 5 (I was beging, asking, crying, writing, wishing for it since Ed1). Im sad that it wasnt implemeted.

Even with old StormEdit I could open two instaces of program and drag clips from one window to another.

Sometimes if mankind wants to do one step they need to do two steps back. !!!!

Leave a comment:

• johannesj
    replied
    It is much easyer to use those taps then many floating timeline windows, and it is much quicker to. No problem copying or cutting from one to another, or just move the whole sequnce to another sequence for final splice of the sequences in to a final movie.
    Last edited by johannesj; 09-20-2008, 04:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Alade
    replied
    Thanks Anton, that is what I dicovered, but I had something else in mind....just like how you can move a pallette over another, that is what I was reffering to....cant remember the program I saw ,....but I thought it was interesting....two timelines stack one on top the other, and the editor was just copying from one and pasting to the other...wish I could remember where I saw it so I can go check it out again to make sure i was not in a dream...lol

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I am often working on many open timeline

each tab is a different timeline
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e.../sequences.avi

Leave a comment:

• Alade
    replied
    Ok, thanks...I realise that is all I can do.....but I saw something like what I discribed , but cant remember the program......the person had more than one timeline open and was just mininizing the ones he was not using till he ready for them....think he said they call it floating multiple timelines.....not too sure, but that was some time ago, so i forgot what program he was using.

Leave a comment:

• johannesj
    replied
    just import the sequenc in to the project

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    No you can't have multiple sequences opened at the same time (palette style)...the sequence tabs only snap next to each other. You can however load different sequences to different timelines without a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Alade
    replied
    Thought so, but I tried it and it did not work........OK..see where I was going wrong....but this is not what I thought it should be....I was looking for seperate timelines that can be displayed at the same time. ...like aseperate pallettes.....well it is still better than nothing
    Last edited by Alade; 09-19-2008, 07:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin_Gleeson
    replied
    You simply drag a Sequence from the Bin to the current Sequence on the Timeline.

Leave a comment:

• Alade
    replied
    Normally I seldom ask about certain things, since I usually figure them out for myself, but how does it work, and how to apply it....

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    That's been part of EDIUS since 4.5 :)

Leave a comment:

• Alade
    started a topic Question

Question

I haven't heard any talk lately in any posts about 'Nesting timelines'....seems to have faded into thin air.......is that a part of edius 5.
Working...
X