• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kwshaw1
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    It is, actually - EDItor's Ultimate Solution
    Well I'll be darned! Learn something new every day... :-)

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    It is, actually - EDItor's Ultimate Solution

Leave a comment:

• kwshaw1
    replied
    The 'r' is never to be capitalised. ;)
    While we're on the subject, why is Edius spelled in ALL CAPS in most places? It's not an acronym, is it?

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    See this is a place of fun some times :)

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Originally posted by swsw1550 View Post
    P.S Notice how I spell Blu-Ray

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    That is spot on Mark, I couldn't agree more with that statement about Blu-Ray, P.S Notice how I spell Blu-Ray, also did anything arrive?

cheers
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    lol- Blu-ray is going to be easy enough if you use a single program and let it to do the encoding, it's when you want better quality and search for ways to achieve this it becomes a nightmare.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by shueardm View Post
    Of course, I always like to say "if you call it Blue-ray" you should give up before you start. :)
    But Mark,
    Your such an elitist! :)

Leave a comment:

• Nobby Tucker
    replied
    Wow .. great info thanks to everyone!

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    Of course, I always like to say "if you call it Blue-ray" you should give up before you start. :)

Leave a comment:

• Philip
    replied
    Originally posted by Geoff View Post
    If you upgrade to E5 then you'll have Movie Factory which will allow you to burn BlueRay.

Geoff
    Just curious if anyone out there already has the whole V5 setup with 3d party stuff in their hands and have tried the whole Bluray workflow. I will be very interested in that especially if it is fairly simple. I don't need fancy motion menus and stuff. Just the ability to import a custom made graphic for a background and then add text buttons.

Leave a comment:

• Geoff
    replied
    If you upgrade to E5 then you'll have Movie Factory which will allow you to burn BlueRay.

Geoff

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    Hi Martin,

Yes I use the mpeg's posted for Procoder and have no issues with Encore so far.

I haven't bothered with motion menu's, but I'm going to test very soon, and I've really only made discs with about an hour of material to date.

All my sources within the HD projects in Edius are HDCam, XDCam, EX1 and Z1 - all this material looks really well on the final discs.

I have to say it's really just as with SD discs but slower - think when DVD authoring was in its infancy and you get the idea.

Oh, get a dual layer burner, no problem with space on the disc!

Good luck!

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Martin_Gleeson
    replied
    Originally posted by PaulTV View Post
    I just edit with Edius, export with Procoder 3, author in Encore CS3 and burn using BD-R media, but test with BD-RE rewritable, so no coasters.

Plays fine on my Vaio laptop, HDMI output, and PS3 but not much else!

Paul

by the way, looks fab from EX1 source material.
    Paul,

This would be the workflow I was hoping to take. Going to be making the plunge into Blu-Ray soon.

- I presume that you use the MPEG2 settings posted in the Procoder forum to get the Blu-Ray file?
    - Are they any problems with that file in Encore?
    - Do you allow Encore to create motion thumbnail chapter menus (I'm thinking of abandoning this myself for Blu-Ray - just takes up space on the disc).
    - What is the maximum length of video you get onto a single layered BD disc while maintaning good quality (1.5 hours for me on SD DVD)?

Many thanks
    Martin

Leave a comment:

• Ron Evans
    replied
    I have just made a few BD-RE and exported a HQ file, import to Vegas 8, set markers and name, encode to DVD Architect 5 preset and author in DVD Architect 5. Have also encoded in TMGenc 4 Express and also used CS3. For the moment have settled on the Vegas route as it is very easy and I can't tell any quality difference at these higher bit rates. IF DVDlab gets to support Blu-ray I will likely go back to DVDLab.

Ron Evans

Leave a comment:

Working...
X