Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exporting .qt files to .avi

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Exporting .qt files to .avi

    I've been sent some quicktime files which rather than having a .mov extension have a .qt extension. Neither Edius or Procoder seems to want to recognise them. Does anyone have any idea please how I can convert them into .avi files, or into any format that I can use in Edius?

  • #2
    do they play in quicktime player? if yes, save as avi from within QT player
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

    EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by rallyman2007 View Post
      I've been sent some quicktime files which rather than having a .mov extension have a .qt extension. Neither Edius or Procoder seems to want to recognise them. Does anyone have any idea please how I can convert them into .avi files, or into any format that I can use in Edius?
      .qt is usually panoramic files, might be hard to transcode them.

      Comment


      • #4
        If the files don't play in QuickTime Player, they could also be using Apple ProRes or another codec that Apple doesn't support under Windows, like DVCProHD.

        If it's the latter, they will actually open in Edius because it provides it's own DVCProHD codec.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
          do they play in quicktime player? if yes, save as avi from within QT player
          They did play in quicktime and I was able to save them, but only as .mov files which of course play in Edius, so thanks for that, job done!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by THoff View Post
            If the files don't play in QuickTime Player, they could also be using Apple ProRes or another codec that Apple doesn't support under Windows, like DVCProHD.

            If it's the latter, they will actually open in Edius because it provides it's own DVCProHD codec.
            I can play DVCProHD .mov files in Edius (HD) just fine.

            Dave

            Comment

            Working...
            X