X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SRsupport
    Grass Cutter Gold
    • May 2007

Gpu fx

There are questions why it does not show on some systems.
    Well The GPU FX installer runs a test on your GPU if it does not meet the minimum requirements it will not be installed.

To answer a question I have got via email a few times now:

What happens if you start a project on a system that has the GPU effects and take it to a system which does not have it installed.

answer:

The GPU FX ( if applied) will be replaced by a standard dissolve.
    For now there is no software render mode. So keep that in mind when you an older system. :)
    Steve
    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net
  • Bandman
    • May 2007

Edius 5: GPU Minimum Requirements?

Originally posted by SRsupport

Well The GPU FX installer runs a test on your GPU if it does not meet the minimum requirements it will not be installed.
    What are the minimum requirements?
    Camera: Sony HVRZ1U
    Software: Edius 5.11, ProCoder 3.05.91, Imaginate 2, DVDit Pro HD
    System: Supermicro X7DA8, 2 Dual-Core Xeon (5060) 3.2GHz, 4GB RAM, (ST3750640AS) 750GB x 2 SATA
    7200RPM RAID 0, PNY NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT (512MB), Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP, WinXP(SP2), Edius NX w/ Bay and Expansion Kit

Comment

• SRsupport
      Grass Cutter Gold
      • May 2007

Graphics card with at least 256 MB of graphics memory (512 MB recommended) with support for PixelShader Model 3.0 or later(i.e. DX9-based)
      Steve
      A proud EDIUS EDITOR
      For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

• GrassValley_KH
        Mr Sparkle
        • Apr 2007

The GPU FX ( if applied) will be replaced by a standard dissolve.
        For now there is no software render mode. So keep that in mind when you an older system. :)
        But all's not lost - if you leave the transition alone, it'll revert to its correct GPUfx transition when brought back into a compatible system.

Comment

• pgovotsos
          • Aug 2008

Graphics card with at least 256 MB of graphics memory (512 MB recommended) with support for PixelShader Model 3.0 or later(i.e. DX9-based)
          What if you have a video card that's PixelShader 3 compatible but only has 128MB? I run Edius on a laptop that of course can't be upgraded. It runs 4.61 beautifully. Can you run 5 at all on a system like this? Will you just not have GPUfx?

Comment

• GrassValley_KH
            Mr Sparkle
            • Apr 2007

128MB means you'll be able to do SD fine, but your RT performance for HD transitions won't be so hot..

Comment

• antonsvideo
              • May 2007

all GPU transitions are realtime here in HD and SD, see my "el cheapo" card in my signature
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 64GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• Jerry
                • May 2007

Originally posted by antonsvideo
                all GPU transitions are realtime here in HD and SD, see my "el cheapo" card in my signature
                Anton,
                Did you load the Vitascene plugin yet? If so, are those RT as well?
                Also, is that RT playback or RT with the blue line above the timeline?
                Jerry
                Six Gill DV

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Main System:: Azrock z690 Taichi, [email protected], 64gb ram, Lian Li Galahad 360mm in push pull, Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL ROG case, 13 Lian Infinity fans, Win11 Pro , Corsair ATX 3.0 Gen 5 1200 watt PSU, Samsung 980 1tb boot NVME, 2-4TB Samsung 990 Pro's, 1TB Samsung SSD, 1-12TB Seagate Ironwolf, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black Edius X.

Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9.55, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

• STORMDAVE
                  • May 2007

I recommend at least an 8800GT if you want good performance in both Vitascene & GPU FX. 8800GT is pretty cheap nowadays. An 9800GT might be a better choice.

Comment

• antonsvideo
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by Jerry
                    Anton,
                    Did you load the Vitascene plugin yet? If so, are those RT as well?
                    Also, is that RT playback or RT with the blue line above the timeline?
                    all Vitascene and GPU FX transitions play in realtime without dropping a frame

there is no blue line but that does not bother me, in fact I never look at any blue line, it plays perfect without buffer drop
                    Anton Strauss
                    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 64GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• SRsupport
                      Grass Cutter Gold
                      • May 2007

Jerry has an obsession with the blue line. hehe :)
                      I also told him a while ago that even without a blue line my systems rips trough the footage realtime with out dropping a single frame.

Hi Jerry just messing with you. :)
                      Last edited by SRsupport; 09-16-2008, 01:51 AM.
                      Steve
                      A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

• mike0130
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by antonsvideo
                        all Vitascene and GPU FX transitions play in realtime without dropping a frame
                        -I do not like cats!
                        -Oh, you just do not know how to cook them!
                        Yes, they will not drop frames, but you cannot run Vitascene on your videocard in realtime!
                        Ok, try even on SD footage- cut it on timeline and put few DEFOCUS+BOKEN fransitions with 5-10 sec. between them, extend transition to at least 5 sec., place timeline cursor to the beginning of transition (not before!) and hit SPACE. it will not run to the end of transition with increasing the buffer! You will have red line over your transition.
                        All GPU transitions will run ok.
                        Maybe card like GeForce 280 with 1Gb can fix this, but even with this monster, I do not think that ALL VITASCENE will be in realtime!
                        Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

• Jerry
                          • May 2007

Jerry has an obsession with the blue line. hehe :)
                          I also told him a while ago that even without a blue line my systems rips trough the footage realtime with out dropping a single frame.

Hi Jerry just messing with you. :)
                          Mess away.

Yeah, I know I like that blue line. It just gives me the warm and fuzzies.
                          It is more of a reference point for me. Thats all.

It's getting close to upgrade time and I am really considering the new Nehalem
                          Mac Pro due early next year. From what I have heard from you and Dave, it might work for me.
                          Jerry
                          Six Gill DV

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Main System:: Azrock z690 Taichi, [email protected], 64gb ram, Lian Li Galahad 360mm in push pull, Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL ROG case, 13 Lian Infinity fans, Win11 Pro , Corsair ATX 3.0 Gen 5 1200 watt PSU, Samsung 980 1tb boot NVME, 2-4TB Samsung 990 Pro's, 1TB Samsung SSD, 1-12TB Seagate Ironwolf, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black Edius X.

Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9.55, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Working...