No announcement yet.

HELP - wind noise.. can i eliminate it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - wind noise.. can i eliminate it?

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me! I shot some outdoors footage (without the wind sock.. yes, yes i know!! my bad) and now i've got wind noise on the clip. is there anyway in the graphic equaliser or anything that i can reduce the wind noice but keep the spoken audio?????

help..

I would say that your chances of recovering the speech are not too good. Certainly you should apply a bass cut, and then try experimenting with parametric or graphic EQ to 'tune-in' the voice / 'tune-out' the wind noise. You might find it easier to do this in Wavelab, SoundForge or whatever, rather than Edius itself.
    Andrew Pinder
    www.chpv.co.uk
    Edius 9 with Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k; Windows 10 (64 bit Pro); Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro; i9-9900K CPU; 32GB RAM;
    Asus GTX1060 graphics; RME Fireface800 audio; SATA RAID

Comment

If you have access to "Soundbooth" from Adobe, try the visual editing mode where you can see errant sounds to eliminate them. How well anything will work depends on the severity of the wind noise.
      Edius 6.5 on Lenovo W520 laptop: Intel Core i7-2720QM @2.2 GHz, Nvidia graphics card, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Canon Vixia HF-G10, three Sony HDV video cameras and one Canon 7D.

Comment

if you have time to wait for edius5, then this will be an easy fix with a new audio vst plugin that comes with Edius, it allows you to go to any frame where there is no talking and learn the frame as noise and eliminate it

all these new vst plugins cause no audio delay at all, unlike soundsoap
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

If the noise spectrum overlaps the spoken sounds, using "noise cancellation" software blindly will also remove the spoken sounds too. In short, it is a difficult task.

Try doing a spectrum analysis of the wind noise first, once you know where the cutover is ... then use a high pass filter, followed by a low pass filter - it sounds much better and faster than doing a noise cancellation.
          Last edited by tingsern; 09-14-2008, 04:29 PM.
          TingSern
          --------------------------------------
          Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Working...
          X