• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kiridaiki
    replied
    HDstorm for RT effects

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    1. No, it's the same - all three edit HD with total reliance on system performance. They all provide sync'ed output to a monitor

2. No BOB or bay. But it's not like there's no SDI-based multi-I/O solutions out there...

Covered in another thread - no FireWire for HDSTORM/HDTHUNDER/HDSPARK
    hi,
    so, it´s real, the canopus NX, SP or HDstorm, just work as input/output board,
    i supose that canopus board may help my pc to edit faster using the capabilities of the boards. i usualy edit with edius, and i must convert all to DV codec. ´cus i can´t edit any compress video.
    but, a few years ago, i saw a core 2 duo, using a NX express, and it could handle a lot of streams and effects in RT. why???
    i read in the forum, that using a board for monitoring help the cpu, but just let it free of thinking about output the video.
    so, it´s the same using an OHCI hard for monitoring by firewire???
    thanks
    read my other post of today

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    2. No BOB or bay. But it's not like there's no SDI-based multi-I/O solutions out there...
    Gotcha! One could only hope.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    Part 1
    Does the HD Storm process information any faster than the NX or SP, or is it basically the same processing with HDMI capabilities?

Part 2
    Is the HD Thunder going to have a BOB or just a bay for a breakout?
    I would hope that it would have every connector available at this time on board.
    1. No, it's the same - all three edit HD with total reliance on system performance. They all provide sync'ed output to a monitor

Originally posted by easy_edit View Post
    Firewire interface???
    Covered in another thread - no FireWire for HDSTORM/HDTHUNDER/HDSPARK

Leave a comment:

• easy_edit
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorro View Post
    Press release/product page says the following:

A bundle of HDSTORM and (5.25-inch) bay, called HDSTORM Plus, will also be available. The bay not only features additional connectors for HDMI devices, but also input and output connectors for analog HD/SD component, S-Video, composite and unbalanced audio; this helps those still working in analog to make the transition to digital and HD production.

When I look at the bay I can't see y/c and composite?! Please clarify.

Firewire interface???

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    No. HDSTORM only.

Part 1
    Does the HD Storm process information any faster than the NX or SP, or is it basically the same processing with HDMI capabilities?

Part 2
    Is the HD Thunder going to have a BOB or just a bay for a breakout?
    I would hope that it would have every connector available at this time on board.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    No. HDSTORM only.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    For composite, plug into the Y (green) terminal, and choose the appropriate profile.

For S-Video, you use the supplied miniDIN adapter cable and plug into the three (Y, Pb, Pr) terminals.
    Will that bay hook up to the NX? I know the NX has extra ports on board,

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied
    Thanks! Have to call customer right now! :)

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    For composite, plug into the Y (green) terminal, and choose the appropriate profile.

For S-Video, you use the supplied miniDIN adapter cable and plug into the three (Y, Pb, Pr) terminals.

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    started a topic Question regarding HDSTORM Plus in/out

Question regarding HDSTORM Plus in/out

Press release/product page says the following:

A bundle of HDSTORM and (5.25-inch) bay, called HDSTORM Plus, will also be available. The bay not only features additional connectors for HDMI devices, but also input and output connectors for analog HD/SD component, S-Video, composite and unbalanced audio; this helps those still working in analog to make the transition to digital and HD production.

When I look at the bay I can't see y/c and composite?! Please clarify.

Working...
X