Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question regarding HDSTORM Plus in/out

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question regarding HDSTORM Plus in/out

    Press release/product page says the following:

    A bundle of HDSTORM and (5.25-inch) bay, called HDSTORM Plus, will also be available. The bay not only features additional connectors for HDMI devices, but also input and output connectors for analog HD/SD component, S-Video, composite and unbalanced audio; this helps those still working in analog to make the transition to digital and HD production.

    When I look at the bay I can't see y/c and composite?! Please clarify.


  • #2
    For composite, plug into the Y (green) terminal, and choose the appropriate profile.

    For S-Video, you use the supplied miniDIN adapter cable and plug into the three (Y, Pb, Pr) terminals.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks! Have to call customer right now! :)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
        For composite, plug into the Y (green) terminal, and choose the appropriate profile.

        For S-Video, you use the supplied miniDIN adapter cable and plug into the three (Y, Pb, Pr) terminals.
        Will that bay hook up to the NX? I know the NX has extra ports on board,
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com
        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

        Vistitle YouTube Channel
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

        Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


        Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

        Comment


        • #5
          No. HDSTORM only.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
            No. HDSTORM only.

            Part 1
            Does the HD Storm process information any faster than the NX or SP, or is it basically the same processing with HDMI capabilities?

            Part 2
            Is the HD Thunder going to have a BOB or just a bay for a breakout?
            I would hope that it would have every connector available at this time on board.
            Jerry
            Six Gill DV
            www.sgdvtutorials.com
            If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

            Vistitle YouTube Channel
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

            Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
            http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


            Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
            Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Zorro View Post
              Press release/product page says the following:

              A bundle of HDSTORM and (5.25-inch) bay, called HDSTORM Plus, will also be available. The bay not only features additional connectors for HDMI devices, but also input and output connectors for analog HD/SD component, S-Video, composite and unbalanced audio; this helps those still working in analog to make the transition to digital and HD production.

              When I look at the bay I can't see y/c and composite?! Please clarify.

              Firewire interface???

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                Part 1
                Does the HD Storm process information any faster than the NX or SP, or is it basically the same processing with HDMI capabilities?

                Part 2
                Is the HD Thunder going to have a BOB or just a bay for a breakout?
                I would hope that it would have every connector available at this time on board.
                1. No, it's the same - all three edit HD with total reliance on system performance. They all provide sync'ed output to a monitor

                2. No BOB or bay. But it's not like there's no SDI-based multi-I/O solutions out there...

                Originally posted by easy_edit View Post
                Firewire interface???
                Covered in another thread - no FireWire for HDSTORM/HDTHUNDER/HDSPARK

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
                  2. No BOB or bay. But it's not like there's no SDI-based multi-I/O solutions out there...
                  Gotcha! One could only hope.
                  Jerry
                  Six Gill DV
                  www.sgdvtutorials.com
                  If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

                  Vistitle YouTube Channel
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

                  Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                  http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


                  Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                  Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    HDstorm for RT effects

                    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
                    1. No, it's the same - all three edit HD with total reliance on system performance. They all provide sync'ed output to a monitor

                    2. No BOB or bay. But it's not like there's no SDI-based multi-I/O solutions out there...


                    Covered in another thread - no FireWire for HDSTORM/HDTHUNDER/HDSPARK
                    hi,
                    so, it´s real, the canopus NX, SP or HDstorm, just work as input/output board,
                    i supose that canopus board may help my pc to edit faster using the capabilities of the boards. i usualy edit with edius, and i must convert all to DV codec. ´cus i can´t edit any compress video.
                    but, a few years ago, i saw a core 2 duo, using a NX express, and it could handle a lot of streams and effects in RT. why???
                    i read in the forum, that using a board for monitoring help the cpu, but just let it free of thinking about output the video.
                    so, it´s the same using an OHCI hard for monitoring by firewire???
                    thanks
                    read my other post of today

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X