Edius 5 demo serial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re

Ok, worked at last. Uninstalling previous version of Edius, doesn't remove enough to let the serial for Edius 5 work. Had to remove ALL Edius "leftovers" from the registry and then it worked.
    Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

Comment

o.k. thanks for the tip I got it!
      Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
        HDRX-E1 is not to be confused with DVRex.

HDRX-E1 is support in v5 100%. It's just that we don't include hardware drivers with the trial version, save for the older boards (which are now retired from EDIUS usage).

This won't be changing anytime soon. I'm not really sure why it's necessary to package the drivers with the trial to be honest - the software will be the same with or without hardware I/O...
        Because I would like to be able to fully test the functionality I would expect in v5 and personally see how well it performs.....that means editing pieces that I need to capture through the HD RX-E1 + HDBX100 in full HD via HD-SDI and edit in the timeline.

That's why it's necessary.

Comment

I think the problem is that the full install of edius5 is 4GB

I think that would take to long to download as a trial
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
            Look in C:\Windows\system32 for pavedius.dll files, if you find any (might be 4b, 5b variants) just rename them, put an X at the beginning of the file name then try the install and serial number.
            Worked this time. Thanks

Tony.
            Tony

Fractal Design Define XL R2 Full tower- Asrock Z490 Taichi - i9-10850K -- 250GB 860 EVO- 32GBVengeance LPX- Blackmagic IP4K-- Geforce GTX 1070 Founders Edition -- EVGA G3 850 PSU-- Corsair H100i Pro XT- LG Blu-Ray writer- MxM PCI-e Reader-- EDIUS X WG- Win 10 Pro 64bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
              Look in C:\Windows\system32 for pavedius.dll files, if you find any (might be 4b, 5b variants) just rename them, put an X at the beginning of the file name then try the install and serial number.
              Thans! It works now for me.
              custom PC No 1 ; mdb: Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3, cpu: i7 2600K, vga 1: 2x nvidia gainward GTX 670 (2GB), vga 2: intel ,ram: kingstone hyperx ddr3 16GB, sys HDD: SSD Transcend 128GB, monitors: 3x LG L225WT dvi, 1x plasma tv LG 50PK350 nle: HD SPARK, OS: windows 7 x64 ultimate

custom PC No 2; mdb: asus P6T deluxe v2, cpu: i7 920, vga: nvidia gainward 275 (896mb), ram: kingstone hyperx ddr3 12GB, monitor: 2x LG L20WT dvi, OS: windows 7 x64 ultimate

Comment

Good advice - always extract the zip, don't just double-click and Explore it, because Setup won't run properly in most cases since double-clicking Setup will only decompress the Setup executable, and not the rest of the files it needs.

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
                  Hi,
                  it wont accept this serial for me. ******-****************

Tony

***GrassValley_KH - Please don't post the serial number here!***
                  Sorry to bother you, but I need a serial for edius 5. do you know where I can get it. I have my old edius 4 serial, but it won't take it.

thank you in advance,
                  Nubbie.

Comment

Originally posted by kall View Post
                    Sorry to bother you, but I need a serial for edius 5. do you know where I can get it. I have my old edius 4 serial, but it won't take it.

thank you in advance,
                    Nubbie.
                    If you bought the upgrade or the full version of 5, you will have a new serial number right on the paper sleeve of the DVD. If you didn't buy it, you will not get any help here.

Comment

I installed a couple of systems with Edius5.
                      2 systems with Vista 64 do give me the "incorrect serial"-message, Vista 32 and XP does work fine with the same serial.

Systems are clean installed ( fresh harddrives or re-installed with writing zeros on the harddrive ), no network-cable connected and so on.
                      The serials are not accepted and i tested a lot of....

In my opinion the serial-check is done by part of .NET Framework, so there might be a difference on XP and Vista 32/64 in handling.
                      The serials ( around 10 different ones ) are double-checked and typed manually or by using copy&paste.
                      Because of the fresh harddrives i did not delete or rename the pavedius.dll and so on.

Any idea is welcome.
                      Canopus-stuff: EZDV,Raptor,Storm,NX,all EDIUS-versions, all Procoder versions, ADVC-series, Imaginate 1+2, and so on...... ;-)

Comment

I tried to install Edius 5 and I had the same problem. Wrong serial number. Deleting pavedius.dll and running the "setup.exe" instead of "SetupManagerForEDIUS" solved my problem.

Comment

Tried this now - with the same result. The serial is invalid.
                          Canopus-stuff: EZDV,Raptor,Storm,NX,all EDIUS-versions, all Procoder versions, ADVC-series, Imaginate 1+2, and so on...... ;-)

Comment

I'm curious - is the dongle plugged in when installing?

Is the installation being run as Administrator from the CD shortcut?

Are you running the Autoplay menu, or navigating and executing setupmgr.exe directly?

Comment

Are you using the ver 4 serial number printed on the ver 5 CD envelope or your original ver 4 serial number?

Comment

ahhhh... it depends on german Vista64.
                                Thank you for your help.

Just for protocol: no difference in using the flash-menu, setupmgr.exe or setup.exe in Edius-folder.
                                Update-serials and full-serials ( standalone or hardware-bundled ) are not working.

English Vista is fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X