Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same error message box as mine.
    Tony

Fractal Design Define XL R2 Full tower- Asrock Z490 Taichi - i9-10850K -- 250GB 860 EVO- 32GBVengeance LPX- Blackmagic IP4K-- Geforce GTX 1070 Founders Edition -- EVGA G3 850 PSU-- Corsair H100i Pro XT- LG Blu-Ray writer- MxM PCI-e Reader-- EDIUS X WG- Win 10 Pro 64bit.

Comment

I was able to get it to install.
      Here's what I had to do though.

Re-install 4.x
      Use Revo Uninstaller (HIGHLY recommended, free download at download.com - destroys the Windows uninstaller) to uninstall using "Advanced" Uninstall.

This does a deep registry scan for anything related to 4.x and lets you delete the registry entries.

Anyhow, after doing that, I rebooted and am installing the Edius 5 demo now.

Comment

ahhhh! frak it. This isnt worth the time! This is why im glad Canopus uses dongles now.
        Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

Annnd back to 4.x I go. Demo doesn't work with my Edius HD RX-E1 card (+ HDBX1000 I/O)....know it only says HDV and DV hardware were supported, but all demos in the past have supported the RX-E1. Why not this?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveT View Post
            Annnd back to 4.x I go. Demo doesn't work with my Edius HD RX-E1 card (+ HDBX1000 I/O)....know it only says HDV and DV hardware were supported, but all demos in the past have supported the RX-E1. Why not this?
            It has to end sometime. Besides to suggest that it keep working even though is has been stated several upgrades ago that it is not supported is asking too much.

Comment

Wow, that's dangerous, even the Expensive Hardware only last a few versions.
              So I should consider my self lucky that the NX is not dropped yet, as for the DVStorm2 can go into his box already.

Comment

HDRX-E1 is not to be confused with DVRex.

HDRX-E1 is support in v5 100%. It's just that we don't include hardware drivers with the trial version, save for the older boards (which are now retired from EDIUS usage).

This won't be changing anytime soon. I'm not really sure why it's necessary to package the drivers with the trial to be honest - the software will be the same with or without hardware I/O...

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
                  Hi,
                  it wont accept this serial for me. ******-****************

Tony

***GrassValley_KH - Please don't post the serial number here!***
                  Hello Guys,

I discovered the solution to the " wont install serial number trial version"
                  When you open the Edius 5 folder dint click on the Setup Manager icon
                  the one with the triangle, it wont accept the serial number, instead click
                  on the icon with the letter F Flash player .exe it will now install without a
                  hitch.

Andre

Comment

Originally posted by Andre34 View Post
                    Hello Guys,

I discovered the solution to the " wont install serial number trial version"
                    When you open the Edius 5 folder dint click on the Setup Manager icon
                    the one with the triangle, it wont accept the serial number, instead click
                    on the icon with the letter F Flash player .exe it will now install without a
                    hitch.

Andre
                    Sadly that did not work for me.

I had some rogue dll files lying around from my issues with 4.6. Once these were removed had no problems with entering serial number.

Comment

I still haven't received my link for download, good grief...

Regards Phil C.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
                        HDRX-E1 is not to be confused with DVRex.

HDRX-E1 is support in v5 100%. It's just that we don't include hardware drivers with the trial version, save for the older boards (which are now retired from EDIUS usage).

This won't be changing anytime soon. I'm not really sure why it's necessary to package the drivers with the trial to be honest - the software will be the same with or without hardware I/O...
                        Thanks for the correction Kenneally. In my rush, I did read that as DV Rex. Sorry for any confusion.

Comment

Sadly still no joy. Still not working for me no matter what I do.

Tony.
                          Tony

Fractal Design Define XL R2 Full tower- Asrock Z490 Taichi - i9-10850K -- 250GB 860 EVO- 32GBVengeance LPX- Blackmagic IP4K-- Geforce GTX 1070 Founders Edition -- EVGA G3 850 PSU-- Corsair H100i Pro XT- LG Blu-Ray writer- MxM PCI-e Reader-- EDIUS X WG- Win 10 Pro 64bit.

Comment

Wrong serial Edius 5 trial

Originally posted by Zorro View Post
                            That's the right one:
                            Can't install trial Edius 5 with serial ******-****************
                            even here in Belgium and Holland.(with or without "-")
                            that's the serial on the support page!?

Comment

elipel, Zorro was referring to the serial I posted, its the same as yours.
                              I think grassvalley might want you to delete the serial you just post. They don't want it on view.

Tony.
                              Tony

Comment

Errant files?

Look in C:\Windows\system32 for pavedius.dll files, if you find any (might be 4b, 5b variants) just rename them, put an X at the beginning of the file name then try the install and serial number.
                                Rusty Rogers | Films
                                >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
                                >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
                                Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Working...
                                X