Edius 5 alpha channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 5 alpha channel

Does Edius 5 support alpha channel? Did they fix the batch capture problem that started with 4.6. (The naming the reel problem.)
    tdtinker
    tdtinker
    3 Edit Systems all running widows 10: 1 Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad Core 8MB 77W Edius 8.5 Vistitler 2.6.0 Window 10-12 GB-
    1 i7 QUAD CORE 920 2.66GHz 8MB 130W Overclocked to at least 3.5GHz Edius 7.51
    New system: Asus X99 i7 6900K 3.2GHz, 32GB DDR 4 Ram, GTX 1070
    Edius 8.5
    www.actvp.com

Originally posted by tdtinker View Post
    Does Edius 5 support alpha channel? Did they fix the batch capture problem that started with 4.6. (The naming the reel problem.)
    tdtinker
    I'll let KH go into more detail but the answer to the alpha question is yes and no. More functionality than before, but not all the way.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

From an overall perspective, it's the same as 4.6. This was the sticking point between shipping this year or next. It was deemed that the necessary rewrite of the entire app (to add full alpha, 10-bit support, etc) would push the release back waaayyyyy too long.

With that said, the new GPUfx package does handle alpha information a lot better than any previous 3D effects package we've produced in the past. I can finally have my page peel on a title.

Comment

Yes Yes to "I can finally have my page peel on a title." **** i am happy......

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
          From an overall perspective, it's the same as 4.6. This was the sticking point between shipping this year or next. It was deemed that the necessary rewrite of the entire app (to add full alpha, 10-bit support, etc) would push the release back waaayyyyy too long.
          So, in Version 5, is full alpha and 10bit support possible by way of updates, or will we have to wait for Version 6 to get those?
          If we have to wait til V6, this becomes just a paid 'update' as opposed to a new version. I guess the extras in the bundle provide the 'smoke screen.'
          Last edited by Jerry; 09-12-2008, 05:12 PM.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected]z, 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Definitely a dotzero thing (rebuilding the engine). We're quite aware that to some, v5 is not the huge leap that they were expecting (particularly since made 4.5 and 4.6 in between 4.0 and 5.0). Hence, we've softened the blow with some nice addons and a compelling upgrade price. Take it or leave it.

Plus, there is no certainty on when a v6 would arrive, and whether it would in fact contain a feature that someone is looking for. We're definitely not going to make the mistake of making a promise that is later broken.

One thing I can say with confidence is that it is very unlikely you'll see major 'dotfive' updates to EDIUS from here onward. The focus should, as I understand it, now become one of bugfixes and minor format additions (where royalties permit), and major features be held until the next version.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
              Definitely a dotzero thing (rebuilding the engine). We're quite aware that to some, v5 is not the huge leap that they were expecting (particularly since made 4.5 and 4.6 in between 4.0 and 5.0). Hence, we've softened the blow with some nice addons and a compelling upgrade price. Take it or leave it.

Plus, there is no certainty on when a v6 would arrive, and whether it would in fact contain a feature that someone is looking for. We're definitely not going to make the mistake of making a promise that is later broken.

One thing I can say with confidence is that it is very unlikely you'll see major 'dotfive' updates to EDIUS from here onward. The focus should, as I understand it, now become one of bugfixes and minor format additions (where royalties permit), and major features be held until the next version.
              As I said in an earlier post, the 3rd party add ons are worth the price alone.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.

Comment

Working...
              X