Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobe View Post
    What in practical terms does it mean that HDCP is "not supported?"
    No capturing of copyright protected content (ie. Blu-ray, XBox 360, PS3)

Originally posted by Fred Dwyer View Post
    Huh? I thought I had been capturing HDV via my 4 pin firewire connection. This statement confuses me. Then again, some say I'm easily confused.
    None of our 4-pin ports are OHCI compliant - the only reason NX and SP work, is they wire into the daughterboard to gain the necessary compliancy.

We'd have to install an OHCI chip...which is rather moot because, well, most PCs have one now.

Comment

OK I think I understand what you meant. I just don't think of the non-OHCI-compliant ports as being "Firewire". Just think of them as Canopus DV/HDV ports. Thanks, it's always good to get my head straightened out.
      Fred D
      Win 7 Pro-64 bit, EDIUS Workgroup 8.5, Intel Ivy Bridge i5, ASUS P8Z77-V-LK, 8GB Kningston DDR3, Pioneer BDR-209UBK, EVGA NVIDEA GEForce GT630, Corsair TX750M 750w Power Supply, 4 WD Black HDD for 3.15TB, ACEDVIO, Spark HD, eSATA controller, ANTEC 300 case.

Comment

With FireCoder BLU, Instead of making its own board, I wish GV would have done something using CUDA Technology so anyone could just use an nvidia (series 8 or greater) GPU to handle the encoding. Woudl make it much more accessible!

GPU encoding to Hi-Def H.264 is blazing fast!

Comment

BUt how is the quality?

Comment

If you are referring to the CUDA stuff for H.264, quality is awesome.

Comment

Upgrade from Edius Pro or Broadcast the same price?

Those who bought 4.6 Broadcast paid out several hundred bucks for it. V5 now includes all the "broadcast" codecs. Upgrading Pro and Broadcast to V5 is the same price?? That's not fair for those who purchased Broadcast in the past.

Comment

It is the same price while the special is running (to end of year). After that there are two seperate prices. Maybe you have a point, subjective of course.

Comment

Instead of thinking you got an unfair deal, think in terms that the others got a good deal. Besides if you paid for the Broadcast version before, then you had access to the advantages of that and the others did not.

Comment

Working...
                  X