This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBC and Edius V5

To all TGV people out there: just one week to IBC. Since I don't want to spend $1000 round trip for me and my employee just to see V4.61 in action I'd like to know if Edius V5 will be shown or not. Thank you in advance for your helpful answer. Best regards, Chris

I believe the answer is no. Only 4.6 on display. KH said this a while back, unless they have changed their minds.
    Cheers,
    Stuart.

Comment

I would be surprised if they don't do something, but I don't have any official answer

Comment

I would be surprised if they don't do something
        That's exactly the same I was thinking back in April. Both Apple and Avid stayed away from NAB so this would have been the perfect chance to show the professional world the Edius advantage. What happened? Unfortunately nothing.

Avid will be at IBC after staying away for some years so you have to have something to show. I have some customers here who stated that they will leave the TGV platform they've been using since the DVRaptor days when there's no sign of progress. I always hear the same: HDMI, alpha support, keyframing, clip marker, more plug ins.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro View Post
          That's exactly the same I was thinking back in April. Both Apple and Avid stayed away from NAB so this would have been the perfect chance to show the professional world the Edius advantage. What happened? Unfortunately nothing.

Avid will be at IBC after staying away for some years so you have to have something to show. I have some customers here who stated that they will leave the TGV platform they've been using since the DVRaptor days when there's no sign of progress. I always hear the same: HDMI, alpha support, keyframing, clip marker, more plug ins.
          Hmmm ? Silence
          ---------------------------------------------------
          Edius 4.6 Broadcast, FCP Studio, MacPro 8 Core, (Currently using 8800GT) ATI 2600

Comment

Maybe it is the silence before the storm?

From Nasa website:

The calm before the storm isn't a new concept by any means. It was recognized long ago that before a severe storm,
            the air is still and the birds stop singing and go to shelter.
            "Calm continueth not long without a storm"

http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/scienceques2003/20030926.htm
            Steve
            EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
            A proud EDIUS EDITOR
            For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

I'm 99.9999% certain they will announce it 12th Sep.
              There's a 0.0001% chance they won't because I've leaked it!
              Raja Singh
              Sadha Video
              UK
              1st:HDStorm+expansion bay,i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650,Lian Li PC-A7110B Tower Case,NEC 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
              2nd:HDSpark, i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650, Lian-Li case, Asus 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
              3rd:IntensityPro4K,i7 4790K,Asus Z97-K,16Gb Corsair RAM,Geforce GTX750Ti,Corsair case,Asus 24"Monitor, Win7 64bit,Vistitle2.6,Edius 8.2
              Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Thread locked..just seeing the near future.
                Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

I recall something about "When the Cat's away..."
                  Rusty Rogers | Films
                  >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
                  >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
                  Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Zorro
                    TGV like all major companies announce their new products on the 11th, the day before the public opening.
                    DD

Comment

DD
                      That can't be right. We in Australia are three days ahead of the rest of the world and we've heard nothing. :-)

Comment

Well they gotta announce something great because I gotta look at CS4 and they finally added at least 1 of the 3 features that made Edius better than it for me. They maybe had more I dont know yet.
                        Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

I gotta look at CS4 and they finally added at least 1 of the 3 features that made Edius better than it for me
                          Which feature is that?
                          Aristotelis Bafaloukos
                          Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
                          BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

the ability to drop effects to multiple clips in the timeline at once. Now if they just added the the ability to have the clips automatily "ripple back" to allow for handles like Edius does that would be just about it for me.
                            Randy

Comment

Oh pipe down, all of you.

We're busy setting up a tradeshow, so our presence here is virtually read-only.

Come back on the 12th and you will have plenty of things to look at.

Comment

Working...
                              X