Stuck with "N" and "M" disfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck with "N" and "M" disfunction

"N" and "M" now cut clip and leave the gaps. They add clips,if I use ALT+n or ALT+M. I couldn't find how to return default settings, though I pressed every default on application settings. Guys, please, who came across the problem, help.

sounds like your keyboard shortcuts got corrupted

go to the keyboard shortcut menu under customize and click default
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

This default I tried. Didn't help. Where else I could try? Just was playing with keyboard...finding different ways of what keys do and lost it's custom settings.

Comment

let me see if I understand correctly

lets say you place two 4 second clips next to each other on an empty timeline for testing

now you move cursor to the middle of clip1 and press M, the clip is trimmed to the cursor position and a 2 second gap is created between it and the next clip, if yes, then this is working perfect

now, do the same again with two 4 second clips, this time press Alt+M at the mid position of clip 1, the result should be the clip 1 is trimmed at this point and clip 2 moves up to close the gap and 6 sec should remain on timeline
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

That's right. All you wrote is what my EDIUS does.

Before I played to what button can do. It seemed to me I could trimm and move up only with one button. f.e. "M" without ALT.

Comment

If it does what Anton described then it is working as designed. The M and N keys simply delete without rippling, while adding the ALT key to either also adds the ripple effect.

Comment

Working...
            X