EIDUS does'n play imported VOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EIDUS does'n play imported VOB

As a matter of fact it does, but only 3-4 minutes. Then blackness. If I try playing the klip from any place but the begining video and audio isn't correct. It shows me the first frames of my clip when I want see the middle or even plays vise-versa. My project is:
    Video
    Frame size : 720 x 576
    Frame rate : 25,00( 25/1 )
    Pixel aspect : 1,0667
    Field order : Bottom Field First
    Audio
    Rate : 48000Hz
    Sample size : 16 Bit
    Channel : 2
    Setup
    Rendering format : DV AVI
    Over Scan Size : 3 %
    Audio Reference Level : -20,0dB

my vob file IS:

[Stream type]
    MPEG2 Program stream

[Video info]
    Bit rate : VBR 0 / 7753600 bps
    Size : 720 x 576(FULL)
    Profile : Main
    Level : Main

[Audio info]
    Bit rate : 192000 bps

WHAT SHOULD I DO TO BE ABLE SEE AND EDIT MY VOB FILE?
    By the way, it is stored on my hard drive in a dvd folder.

I understand, that this question might be already discussed in FAQ. Please, sorry my lack of patience. I'm new to EDIUS and the work should be done quick. Thanks for your time.

I've read all the "EDIUS Mini FAQ" through....found no answer to my question...any one can give a hint?

Comment

I tried to change project to progressive...then I got green screen instead of video. I'd like to notice that if I play my clip from it's begining it plays correctly until the end of the 1-st chapter as it was made in DVD project. All the rest of the clip is not displayed at all.

Concerning the green screen: I put a tick in a "Don't use PTS"...the green screen changed tj total blackness...

I don't know what I can do. Is any one experienced enough here to help me solve the problem? Please, HELP.

Comment

Try demux ?
        Steve
        EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
        A proud EDIUS EDITOR
        For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

I agree - use MPEG Stream Clip to demux the VOB into its elements. See if those will load..

Comment

10 Reasons to Consider an EDIUS NLE Solution:

DV, HDV, MPEG-2 (program / elementary),
            MPEG-1 (system / elementary), Windows Media, and QuickTime editing

You mean the key word is elementary :)
            That's not good, as I read sinc could be lost.

PS.Could you give me non-trial "MPEG Stream Clip" :)))))

Comment

You'll find it at Squared5's web site, and it's free of charge.

www.squared5.com

Comment

if you have TmpgEnc 4 Xpress, you can do this
                http://www.videoproductions.com.au/html/dvd-to-avi.html

I use the Canopus HQ Codec for avi output and there is no loss in quality and a 1 hour DVD will take around 15min to convert to HQ, then you can edit with perfect response and lip sync
                Anton Strauss
                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

i have a strange experiences with VOB files.
                  from 10 projects that i did:
                  7 projects are reading n mixed FINE in the timeline(with HQavi n quicktime)
                  2 projects need to be rendered (otherwise it goes blank n crash edius)
                  1 projects read n mixed fine BUT when i export it..the final avi goes black(the vob part only, the others just fine)
                  I mean...same PC...same Edius 4.51...same treatment...same editor ;)
                  different results...how come??
                  MOtion Candid CApture
                  www.houseofmocca.com
                  Indonesia

Comment

Edius is not the tool for VOB editing

in fact, there is no tool on this planet
                    Anton Strauss
                    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                      Edius is not the tool for VOB editing
                      It looks like, You are absolutely right ))))

I've read on a program description: EDIUS (...) works with MPEG-2 (program / elementary)

my comments:NOT VOB!

Comment

Working...
                      X