Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rando
    • May 2007

.tod advice

im having a real hard time with my JVC everios .TOD files. I know Edius supports them out of the box but I still use DV and the .TOD files are too clunky to edit with. I cant use ProCoder to convert them. Itried using Edius to convert them to Canopus HQ then use ProCoder to convert them to DV but I kept getting a paramerter error in ProCoder. What is the best procedure for converting .TOD files to DV?
    Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card
  • GrassValley_KH
    Mr Sparkle
    • Apr 2007

TOD files are MPEG-2 I thought? In any event, you might want to try the JVC software that comes with your camera and see if it can demux the output.

I'm thinking that the audio (AC-3) is causing the sluggish performance (but MPEG-2 will do that too).

Comment

• monitor
      • May 2007

Rando, te has fijado que Edius no reconoce la fecha/hora de creacion de los .tod?
      Alguien sabría decirme si esto tiene solución?

traduccion de google:

Rando, you've noticed that Edius does not recognize the date / time of creation. Tod?
      Someone would know tell me if this solution is?
      haciendo de conejillo de indias para grass valley

Comment

• Stereodesign
        • Jul 2007

yes I found the .tod files clunky to edit with.
        All I did was right click on the file in the browser and choose convert file, the resulting HQ file edited with the fluidity we have come to know from Edius.
        System 1 - Win7 64/Edius 5.51/Asus P8/8Gb RAM/RAID0/i7 2600K OC/nVidia Quadra 600
        System 2 - Win XP/Edius v4.61/Asus P5 DH Deluxe/4Gb RAM/RAID0/Quad Core 2.4Ghz Q6600/nVidia 9800GT 512Mb/NXHD + other stuff

Comment

Working...