HDV clips within SD project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDV clips within SD project

At present I prefer to edit in SD to save space and rendering time. Sometimes I mix in shots from a static cam. If just these shots were in HDV I could use layout or 3D pip to crop/zoom in keeping reasonable resolution. I tried importing a Canopus HQ clip (from an HDV project) and it seems to have resized itself to standard def.

So is it possible to import or capture some HDV clips and use on an SD timeline? If so how please?
    Barry Weare
    BW Videofilms, Berkshire UK
    --------
    Edius 5.5, Win7 Pro 64bit, 16GB RAM, Intel Core i7 2.8GHz, NVIDIA GeForce9600GT, 5x 1TB SATA II (24/7 WD Enterprise type) with 4x in Raid1 for video, 1x for system/utilities.

Just use layout to resize/crop/reposition as you necessary.

Comment

My query is really whether it's possible to import or capture some HDV clips and use on an SD project timeline so I can make the most of the layout/crop features? If so how please?
      Barry Weare
      --------
      Edius 5.5, Win7 Pro 64bit, 16GB RAM, Intel Core i7 2.8GHz, NVIDIA GeForce9600GT, 5x 1TB SATA II (24/7 WD Enterprise type) with 4x in Raid1 for video, 1x for system/utilities.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        My query is really whether it's possible to import or capture some HDV clips and use on an SD project timeline so I can make the most of the layout/crop features? If so how please?
        Just like Brandon said bring into the timeline, use "layout" and crop as needed. Only downside with layout is that it isn't keyframeable so crop has to be fixed until you move to another clip boundary. You don't even need to go to HQ as Edius will work well with just one HDV clip on the timeline. Focus on the HDV original has to be very good to zoom, but 4x3 SD is about a 4:1 zoom, easily seen in the layout window.

Ron Evans
        Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 SATA OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 16

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Thanks Ron, I'll capture it as full hdv (not Canopus HQ) then in another project and import it to the SD project just like any other file.
          Barry Weare
          --------

Comment

when u drop the HDV to the SD timeline..it will automatically reduce to fit the SD screen(blackband if 4:3) no need to crop..no need to down convert.
            thats why it says "realtime mixed format editing" ;)
            MOtion Candid CApture
            www.houseofmocca.com
            Indonesia

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              I'll capture it as full hdv (not Canopus HQ)
              Why not, Canopus HQ works great in a SD project, nothing to gain from MT2 !

Comment

Working...
              X