Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is the Aladdin download for Vista 64?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Which is the Aladdin download for Vista 64?

    So i don't goof up, can someone point me to the most appropriate Aladdin driver for Vista 64 bit?
    Does this get installed before EDIUS?
    Thanks

  • #2
    You don't need it. Vista x64 SP1 should install it automatically once you plug it in.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'll try again Dave but it wouldnt run the setup without it. I have SP1 OEM disc

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
        You don't need it. Vista x64 SP1 should install it automatically once you plug it in.
        Not that I am going to update my OS but does that mean Edius plays nicer now on Vista than it used to? I don't use the NX hardware so I was just curious if I was forced to get a computer with Vista installed (like someone is holding a gun to my head) Edius 4.6? would work ok....assuming I have the correct drivers for everything else. Once V5 is out I will think about that whole Vista thing but not till then unless forced to.
        Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

        Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

        Comment


        • #5
          Dave was right, you have to plug the thing in first. Was used to doing that after install.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Philip View Post
            Not that I am going to update my OS but does that mean Edius plays nicer now on Vista than it used to? I don't use the NX hardware so I was just curious if I was forced to get a computer with Vista installed (like someone is holding a gun to my head) Edius 4.6? would work ok....assuming I have the correct drivers for everything else. Once V5 is out I will think about that whole Vista thing but not till then unless forced to.
            Well I would hold off on Vista for now. If you read the announcement, Grass Valley have said that the next version of EDIUS will support Vista x64, so it's not worth installing 4.61 because it's not really "approved" for Vista.

            Originally posted by shueardm View Post
            Dave was right, you have to plug the thing in first. Was used to doing that after install.
            Glad it worked :)

            Comment


            • #7
              The updates for the drivers will be found by the Vista (Windows Update) there has been about 2 in the last couple of months.

              cheers
              Steve

              P.S Glad it is working for you ok.
              Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

              Comment

              Working...
              X