Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    While the 'umbrella' and direction has changed somewhat, the day-to-day engineering remains largely the same.

I'm not sure anything further can be said, in this discussion. The software remains as it does, with no immediate information regarding future patches or updates.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    FYI, there was in fact an EDIUS 3.63 update, fashioned after 4.00's release. It was, unfortunately, never signed off by QC and was left unreleased. (despite me asking repeatedly)
    That was still while the program was under the Canopus banner, correct?
    Hopefully, times have changed....as well as owners.....and that should not happen again.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    That's not exactly true. Rather, the development team is a very small one - smaller than you might think. Once software shifts to a new version, it is very difficult to fragment the team into "ok you lot look after the v5 stuff, and you lot look after the v4 stuff"

Code that is common to both platforms runs a risk to split in two different directions.

No final decision either way, has been made on the possibility of future 4.6x updates. Certainly, I would only expect one.

FYI, there was in fact an EDIUS 3.63 update, fashioned after 4.00's release. It was, unfortunately, never signed off by QC and was left unreleased. (despite me asking repeatedly)

Leave a comment:

• tdtinker
    replied
    No information is available at this time, regarding any possible future updates for 4.6x. Right now, the priority is to complete the next version. Once that is done, only then, can 4.6x be revisited.
    Once Edius comes up with another version they won't fix any problems with 4.6. They want want you to step up and purchase there new version. There is nothing in it for them correct the older version.
    tdtinker

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    No, it is not a promise. Certainly, history has served that any retro-updates are fewer and far between. That's not necessarily the rule, but a good indicator.

Leave a comment:

• mike0130
    replied
    Once that is done, only then, can 4.6x be revisited.
    Can we take it as a promice? I can wait, sure.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    No information is available at this time, regarding any possible future updates for 4.6x. Right now, the priority is to complete the next version. Once that is done, only then, can 4.6x be revisited.

Leave a comment:

• mike0130
    replied
    So you are saying that nobody will fix current KNOWN bugs?
    A respectable company always thinks about it's customers. Customer paying money, company provide service including fixing bugs. Or not?

Leave a comment:

• rando
    replied
    I think Edius 4 is all it will ever be.
    http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ead.php?t=5165

Leave a comment:

• mike0130
    started a topic Any updates?

Any updates?

AS far as I see, everybody are wating for version 5. But my question is if we will see any updares for current version? Not all of us will go and spend money on a new Edius5, but we will stay with 4.6x and we would like to ask to fix some problems that are in current version- such as "disk too slow" etc. I am talking abot a bugs that already known by developers.
    Hope GV will respect current customers too...
Working...
X