replied
    thanks to everyone.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by tonyblueeyes View Post
    I've tried to edit boot.ini file adding /3GB option to the end of the
    main line.

After a PC reboot, EDIUS doesn't start anymore.

Apparently EDIUS will work with a standard Windows XP enviroment.
    do you have any hardware such as NX PCIe version? if yes, I can confirm that Edius won't start with 3GB boot.ini switch when using the NX

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
    The amount of memory you get past 3 GB really depends on what's in your system. Graphics boards with lots of RAM will eat a lot of the address range, some add-in boards want to have a particular address range, etc.

It's a lot like the old DOS days with the 640K "conventional" memory limit.
    Both of my systems have 4gb. The Decklink system has 3.5 available by way of the pae switch. It was installed automatically on install of XP. It is on an X38 chipset.
    The other machine with the NX only registers 2gb. It has a 775 chipset.
    If it doesn't setup on install, I wouldn't try to do anything after the fact.
    You will end up with having to change your boot .ini settings in order to boot.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    The amount of memory you get past 3 GB really depends on what's in your system. Graphics boards with lots of RAM will eat a lot of the address range, some add-in boards want to have a particular address range, etc.

It's a lot like the old DOS days with the 640K "conventional" memory limit.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    I've had nothing but trouble wth more than 2GB in my system.
    Another 2GB have been in my closet for about a year but should make an appearance when Edius works in a 64 bit environment. :~/

Leave a comment:

• tingsern
    replied
    Hmmm, what motherboard has that feature? Basically, to get 3.8GB memory - means some h/w must be able to relocate the addresses and buffer space used by the cards to somewhere else ... And that address must still be within 4GB range - or Windows won't see it.

Leave a comment:

• redgum
    replied
    I agree with that except you can get 3.8Gb dependent on the memory switch on your motherboard. Oh! and Edius will still work subject to correct Mobo setup.

Leave a comment:

• tingsern
    replied
    Firstly, EDIUS is not memory bound. It is CPU and I/O bound. Giving it more memory won't make EDIUS go faster. Secondly, with WinXP Service Pack 2 and 3 - you never get anything larger than 2.8GB - depending on how much high addresses are taken up by device drivers. Go 64 bits if you really need more memory space - but then, EDIUS 4.6 device drivers won't work in 64 bits Windows (for now).

Leave a comment:

• redgum
    replied
    Perhaps 4GB of memory?

Leave a comment:

• tingsern
    replied
    What are you hoping for by putting in the /3GB flag?

Leave a comment:

• tonyblueeyes
    started a topic Edius with 3GB option doesn't start.

Edius with 3GB option doesn't start.

I've tried to edit boot.ini file adding /3GB option to the end of the
    main line.

After a PC reboot, EDIUS doesn't start anymore.

Apparently EDIUS will work with a standard Windows XP enviroment.
Working...
X