Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another question on stills on timeline

Hello,

after some playing around with including stills in my video (layout tool, pip, hieroglyph, ...) I found the best solution (for my needs) to be the 3D PiP effect tool. This gives me all the possibilities I need with keyframing, although the zoom function is of course a horror (reduced resolution : please Canopus, solve this).
    The problem I encounter is that when I apply a transition effect between two stills manipulated with 3D PiP the systems does not behave as expected. In fact the first 3D PiP is applied to all the stills after the first.
    Anyone experienced the same, and more important, anyone knows how to solve this ?

Thanks,

Rudy

Edius 9, msi amd x470 Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3900x, 32 GB, GeForce 2070 8Gb, Dark Power Pro 11 750W be quiet, Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K

Have you considered Imaginate to manipulate stills? You can zoom into high resolution images without losing image quality.
    EDIUS WG 8.52.2293, VisTitle 2.85, Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1
    1) S5520 HC, Dual Xeon E5520 @ 2.26 GHz 4 cores, 12GB DDR3 RAM, RAID5, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti, SHX-E2
    2) P8Z77-M, i7 3770 @ 3.4 GHz 4 cores, 8GB DDR3 RAM, HDSpark
    EDIUS WG 9.52, VisTitle 2.85, Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1
    3) X8SAX, i7 930 @ 2.8GHz 4 cores, 12 GB DDR3 RAM, HDSpark

Comment

Originally posted by rudyds10 View Post
      Hello,

The problem I encounter is that when I apply a transition effect between two stills manipulated with 3D PiP the systems does not behave as expected. In fact the first 3D PiP is applied to all the stills after the first.
      Anyone experienced the same, and more important, anyone knows how to solve this ?

Thanks,

Rudy
      some people love this feature, others don't

to overcome, edit in AB style fashion by applying rubberband opacity dissolves
      http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...ransitions.png
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Have a look at Imaginate when using lots of stills in the time line! BUT do not render it out in Imaginate - Just use the Imaginate Project file direct on the EDIUS time line

Looks great even in a Hi Def project

A great little rostrum type programme
        Asus P5K64WS, Intel Core 2 Quad QX6850 Extreme CPU, Saphire HD 3850 512mb graphics, WDraptor160 OS, Highpoint Rocket raid 2310 4 x 500gig Seagate sata 2 se drives in raid 0, NXe and Edius 5.51 Imaginate 2.
        Procoder 3.06 and various Prodad add-ons

Comment

thank you for feedback

Hello all,

thank you for your reply's.
          I considered already imaginate in the past but I hoped that buying the creative edius bundle with hieroglyph included would do the job.
          I am on a smaller project now and probably do the work around as Anton suggested. Will review imaginate as next step,

thanks again,

Rudy

Edius 9, msi amd x470 Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3900x, 32 GB, GeForce 2070 8Gb, Dark Power Pro 11 750W be quiet, Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K

Comment

Originally posted by Imagine Video View Post
            Have a look at Imaginate when using lots of stills in the time line! BUT do not render it out in Imaginate - Just use the Imaginate Project file direct on the EDIUS time line

Looks great even in a Hi Def project

A great little rostrum type programme
            I am intrigued by this suggestion but find that it doesn't work
            in 5.12. Can you, or anyone else, elaborate on this procedure? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Simply do your Imaginate project and then save it. Go back to Edius and import that file. It will come into Edius as a small clip but you can grab the end of it and stretch it out as long as you like to achieve the speed you want. Works very well.

Comment

I finally bought pro-show producer and love it (pricey however)

Comment

Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
                  Simply do your Imaginate project and then save it. Go back to Edius and import that file. It will come into Edius as a small clip but you can grab the end of it and stretch it out as long as you like to achieve the speed you want. Works very well.
                  Thanks,

I was trying to import it as a clip, but when I went to the bin and brought it in there, it worked.

One problem I found was that when I dragged the Imaginate project onto the timeline and rendered it, it could not be cut or edited like a normal clip.

When I cut one into two pieces on the timeline, each part is identical--just shorter.

I presume that is just a limitation of bringing a project in to the timeline rather than a rendered clip.

Comment

Yes it is a limitation. You should not have to render the ivp file at all unless you have a very slow computer.

Comment

Working...
                    X