Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NakedEye
    replied
    I Just tested this again & it works as I thought.
    1) Make your selection & then right click.
    2) From the right click menu choose Convert With AVCHD2HQ (not open with).
    3) Files convert 4 at a time 1 for each core untill done.

Enjoy nice fast conversion, I think faster than convert from bin.

See attached screen shots.

Regards

Dave.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    You do know that .m2ts AVCHD clips in the EDIUS Bin, can be selected (in groups) with a right-click convert->file command to create Canopus HQ files, right?

As for using the separate AVCHD2HQ app:

- Right click and use the contextual menu to use a single core only
    - Drag and drop to use all cores

To make droplets, you will need the full ProCoder 3 application. As an owner of EDIUS, you are already entitled to upgrade pricing.

Leave a comment:

• LV_DVC
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    Perhaps you may like to try ProCoder 3, with its droplet feature?
    My download of EDIUS BROADCAST -- which I own -- only had ProCoder Express which doesn't seem to convert AVCHD Source files. Maybe the dongle has to be inserted?

Or, maybe there is a non-Express version you are talking about.

Leave a comment:

• LV_DVC
    replied
    According to comments posted here -- and the README -- one should NOT use the FILE > command IN the Converter as it's very slow.

One is supposed to drag files to the Converter icon.

It would be logical to select those clips you want to convert and drag them to the Converter icon. Right? But, this doesn't work. Only one file at a time!

So you are doing what is not supposed to be done, but at least it works.

Leave a comment:

• NakedEye
    replied
    I might be wrong but last time I looked I was able to select a folder full of AVCHD clips & select convert with AVCHD2HQ tool, I think there may be a limit but this is still very usefull & not to mention fast.

Leave a comment:

• LV_DVC
    replied
    I guess you don't know FCP. A Droplet assumes you know which clips you want to convert. The point of a Browser is you can play the clips on your camcorder. If you want a clip, you click to add it to the Import Queue. The import and convert occur in the background. Even iMovie 08 has a Browser for AVCHD camcorders. (I asume you have a Browser for XDCAM.)

I just don't understand how anyone could sit and drop clips one by one on the converter -- waiting many many minutes for each to convert. If one had a 100 clips on one's camcorder -- you would be sitting there a whole day.

Not sure what/how Procoder has to do with converting AVCHD to HQ. If it did the job, why have the Converters?

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    I'm sorry that you don't like the free converter application.

Perhaps you may like to try ProCoder 3, with its droplet feature?

Leave a comment:

• LV_DVC
    started a topic converting multiple avchd clips with AVCHD2HQVV

converting multiple avchd clips with AVCHD2HQVV

I assumed one could select a bunch of avchd clips and drop them on the converter icon. Doing so causes nothing to convert.

One at a time works fine, but is totally impractical.

The entire CANOPUS converter needs to be replaced by a browser like the one in FCP. You need to be able to view -- play and scan -- ALL clips and then choose only the ones you want converted.

PS: as i remember, the player doesn't accept multiple clips either,
Working...
X