Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Did you configure Apple RAID card etc? If you don't get RAM, hard drives, and RAID cards from Apple, it will be way below $10k....and you'll have room to get yourself 2 capture cards (EDIUS & maybe a DeckLink card)

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    For $10k you can get a top of the line Mac Pro with external Fibre RAID and still have room for some other stuff.
    Yeah, I remember when I configured a MacPro it came up to the same without all of the software and Kona card.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    For $10k you can get a top of the line Mac Pro with external Fibre RAID and still have room for some other stuff.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    I configured one of those and it came up to almost $10,000. That is with raid, 8gigs of ram, and Vista 64 ultimate, and yes the 3.2 processors.
    If you are going that route, either something like what Anton built or even a MacPro with bootcamp would be cheaper.
    If they are local for you, well that would make a huge difference.
    Just seemed pricey to me.
    $10,000 is with all the bells and whistles including a $2200 video card and a 2TB hardware RAID 5 array. Unless you do a lot of 3-D rendering and process huge files, you will never use the full potential of such a system. Our 8 core systems start at just under $3,000 and you get a lot of hardware for that sum.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hello Coleman:

My name is Regis and I am a technician at Cerise Computers.

We use industry standard parts so yes, our computers are compatible with Edius

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    10K is a hefty price, now I suddenly remember why I build my own.

If I would build a new system today I would most likely switch to a Mac Pro with boot camp.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Coleman View Post
    I like these Cerise computers (see link) but how do I find out if they are compatible with Edius?
    I configured one of those and it came up to almost $10,000. That is with raid, 8gigs of ram, and Vista 64 ultimate, and yes the 3.2 processors.
    If you are going that route, either something like what Anton built or even a MacPro with bootcamp would be cheaper.
    If they are local for you, well that would make a huge difference.
    Just seemed pricey to me.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    What level of HD are you going to?

More cores for Edius is not your best usage.

NX is a terrific investment, worth every penny.

Leave a comment:

• Coleman
    replied
    I am switching to HD and I'm concerned about render times and encoding. I also really want to see what I'm editing on an HD monitor which means I guess I'll get the NX PCI-e card.

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    As you can see from my system spec's I'm using a S5000XVN with a NX PCI-e card with Edius 4.61.

What card are you planning to use ?

Leave a comment:

• Coleman
    replied
    I like these Cerise computers (see link) but how do I find out if they are compatible with Edius?

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    It is better to use the word 'hope.' At least that will not give the original poster the wrong impression.
    Very true ........

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by SoundFreak View Post
    Future softwares should be able to make full use of all cores, including the next Edius, Procoder etc.
    I wouldn't say 'should' when it comes to Edius. 12 years of Canopus/GV experience has taught me that. It is better to use the word 'hope.' At least that will not give the original poster the wrong impression.

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    I am using a home build system with the same S5000XVN workstation motherboard, nice and stable !

I'm only using 2x Dual core, that means 4 (when Hyper Treading not counted), not 8 cores, and Edius doesn't make use of all Available power.

Only while rendering while using specific settings it will max out all cores, given enough workload to process.

Future softwares should be able to make full use of all cores, including the next Edius, Procoder etc.

Leave a comment:

• Coleman
    started a topic Eight Cores

Eight Cores

Will Edius be able to take advantage of 8 cores? Here is a link to a 8 core workstation. http://www.cerise.com/workstation-eight.htm
Working...
X